63" Chebby Conversion (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

JuttyShabango

Checkers R Wreckers
SILVER Star
Threads
Basically, my truck is a Hilux. Sooo..the question is. When doing this conversion and using the rear pack up front, do you have to change out the shackles in the front? I know about the rear, but just wondering how involved moving the pack up front will be.

:beer:

Whats up Mark?

I dont think you need to change them out. But I'm not too sure about it.
I'm also curious so here a bump for ya! ;)

Rears up front will move the Axle about 1 3/4" forward, which is done to enable the fitment of larger diameter Tyres and more Articulation, just like the Chev rear Leafs.

Neither seem like the right thing to do for the Ouback Challenge, which is more of a Speed Event with the occasional scraping on Rocks and such.

Don't be a Sheep by building a Monster Truck like most Australians, whom are so damn thick.

I reckon you should run either 235/85 R16 or 32x11.5 R15 Pretend Mud Tyres, and Parabolic Leaf Springs. pricebook.donkyatt.com.au/default.asp

i know there's heaps of info on this setup on www.outerlimits4x4.com

a couple of quick ones if you don't want to search. from what i can see there are a few avenues.

http://www.outerlimits4x4.com/PHP_Modules/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=48398&highlight=rears+front

http://www.outerlimits4x4.com/PHP_Modules/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=49415

http://www.outerlimits4x4.com/PHP_Modules/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=43301&highlight=rears+front

and enough with the attacks jonathan ferguson, if your lux gets you where you need to go, thats great, but don't pay out those that have a use for tires taller than 32-33 inches.

monster trucks is a bit different from what the guys in aus are doing. i'd hardly call beebee's lux a monster truck, it runs 37 boggers with little lift (prob about 3 inches)

Awesome! Input from Aussies that wheel. Thank you gentlemen for replying. I'm not interested in a monster truck, just a very capable truck. The chevy's are pretty flat springs and only offer about 3in of lift anyways, what I'm looking for is FLEX out of the rear end and lots and lots of it.

The front end is okay, but like Jonathan pointed out, my main goal here is to move the front axle away from the fire wall and not so worried about the flex. The event calls for a max of 36.5 inch tyre so that's far from "Monster" in the U.S.

Steve, thanks for the links and you too Jonathan :beer: I'm trying to get my mind set right for this event by thinking like an Aussie in regards to building my truck to match the terrain and event.

Hey Seaflea!!!

I'm sending you an email this AM bro, found that damn package finally. Stupid Postal Service. :cool: :crybaby:

lol he called me steve :D < don't worry it's a long story :D

36's should be fine for most things, especially OBC style events (it isn't a tuff truck).

keep it simple, keep it reliable. keep it on it's wheels. ummmm and watch the nissans, they usually win :(

bad_religion_au said:
lol he called me steve :D < don't worry it's a long story :D

36's should be fine for most things, especially OBC style events (it isn't a tuff truck).

keep it simple, keep it reliable. keep it on it's wheels. ummmm and watch the nissans, they usually win :(

I've always followed directions well ;) That's what I've been hearing and will heed that advice for sure.

Mucho respect for the International Nissans. They are quite an impressive ride and nothing like their POS American counterparts. All about seat time and the driver :cool:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom