62 Window regulators/motor problems (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Well Im on my 3rd one to go out in a year and half. Its driving me crazy and each time I feel like my door is becoming more torn up from all the taking on and off parts etc. Anyone else dealt with this? Im ready manuals. Is it a hard switch?

Not sure what your talking about dude but if it's you window regulator wearing out, are you installing good ones like genuine toyota or are they dodgy aftermarket ones? Also you need to make sure your window channels are all in alingnment and in good order, also it may pay to replace the felts as when these get old they can cause resistance when trying to put your window up and down.

I forget who did it but there is a great thread where someone wired in relays instead of having all the current go directly through the switches. They saw an increase in window speed. The other thing is to redo the rubber. Between the rubber and the relays that should make them almost like a new car.

If you're blowing out OEM toyota regulators then you might have a wiring problem in which case rewiring in relays would also help.

How do you feel about wiring?

I forget who did it but there is a great thread where someone wired in relays instead of having all the current go directly through the switches. They saw an increase in window speed. The other thing is to redo the rubber. Between the rubber and the relays that should make them almost like a new car.

If you're blowing out OEM toyota regulators then you might have a wiring problem in which case rewiring in relays would also help.

How do you feel about wiring?

Im sure that is worth looking into however I know nothing about electrical wiring. Looks like I will be turning on the cruiser light to the sky and summoning the local cruiserheads for assistance.:cheers:

I'm sure we can make a wiring diagram for you. I didn't know anything about wiring either a few months ago and now I do a lot of wiring in the truck. It all depends if you're motivated to learn. All of us have different preferences on how we modify cruisers and how we get there. Wiring is something you should know if you offroad a lot. When wiring goes wrong some basic knowledge could save you from walking out or waiting overnight. Plus everyone here can guide you the whole way. If you look at my questions they start out real vague and I progress. good luck.

Im always wanting to learn. If there is something for reference that I can start with Im up for it. I know ive spent more money with mechanics in the past than I want to think about.
Thanks

Here's a good start:

Read the thread on window setup with relays:
https://forum.ih8mud.com/60-series-wagons/261058-power-windows-door-locks-permanent-fix.html

Here's some good pics on the weather stripping replacement:
https://forum.ih8mud.com/60-series-wagons/141279-sluggish-windows-fixed-$40-dial-up-grab-coffee.html

After you read those research 4 and 5 pin relays. Relays allow a switch to control things without seeing the current that the main wiring does. If you research my name you can find a few wiring threads where I struggled and eventually learned how to use both relay types.

Read up and ask more questions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom