62 to 60 parts swapability. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Theres an 89' FJ62 in the local Pick-n-Pull. I need a hood release cable, a speedo cable and speedo drive gear from the tcase. I also need the down pipe from the ex. manifold to the cat. Does anyone know if these are compatible? Im pretty sure the first 2 are, but not sure about the exhaust pipe.

Thanks, Hodag

hood release should be

speedo and gear, maybe but prolly not

down pipe, no.

hodag said:
Theres an 89' FJ62 in the local Pick-n-Pull. I need a hood release cable, a speedo cable and speedo drive gear from the tcase. I also need the down pipe from the ex. manifold to the cat. Does anyone know if these are compatible? Im pretty sure the first 2 are, but not sure about the exhaust pipe.

Thanks, Hodag

Ya'll are some fart smellers, I mean smart fellers.

Thanks Pimp, I knew you'd come through.

Hodag

kevinmrowland said:
speedo gear, no

Why not? Different tooth count? If so it would work but the speedo would be off a bit, correct?

The FJ62 speedo cable is longer than the FJ60 cable. If you go with the 62 cable this will give you a little more wiggle room behind the gauge cluster for plugging in the cable to the speedo housing.

I'm still in need of a speedo cable for my 60 and I know the one you're pulling will fit my 60 better than yours. Send it to me instead :grinpimp:.

hodag said:

Thanks, Hodag

Hijack

If it has a grey interior, would you mind checking for some rear seat belts? Would gladly purchase if youd be willing to pull.

End Hijack

Last edited:
Godwin said:
Why not? Different tooth count? If so it would work but the speedo would be off a bit, correct?

The FJ62 speedo cable is longer than the FJ60 cable. If you go with the 62 cable this will give you a little more wiggle room behind the gauge cluster for plugging in the cable to the speedo housing.

The 62 has a different tooth count, also a different gear O.D. and a different drive gear.
I was hoping it would work for spedo correction, thats how I know.

the 62 cable will fit better, but the 60 cable will work.

Sorry Expat, it had a brown interior, with the emphasis on had. It appears that someone gutted it with a screwdriver and a piar of dikes. Freakin savages.

Hodag

Yes, you can use the 62 speedo cable in the 60. The 62 cable is longer than any 60 cable but it will still work. Doesn't matter what gear ratio you have in your diffs, the cable doesn't care, it's just a cable.

If you were so inclined you could pull the output housing and pull the speedo gear off the tcase, then it would correct for 4.11 gears.

If it was me, I would go ahead and snag the axles and the tcase....

Tony

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom