'62 soft top FJ40 in VA (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.yankeetoys.org
Complete with bows. I'm not sure its worth 2K, but maybe to someone it is.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4606866889&fromMakeTrack=true#ebayphotohosting

10_1_b.JPG

Year: 1962
VIN Number: 1FJ4012823
Exterior: Green

Nice shade of green on that 1961............I'd bid at 1/3 the price. Too bad they replaced the motor, the F135 wouldn't be tired. ;)

I remember that one being for sale a while back.. I guess I should start saving pics.. It was for sale down in warrenton, remington or culpepper somewhere. Not too far from where I grew up.

I thought about it last time simply for the bezel and tailgate. I guess the caps too. To me the bows weren't worth anything since they only fit the early canvas doors. Not the later doors. But i'm only into select early things ;)

I had forgotten that the early 40 soft-tops had the rounded door openings. What year did the OEM soft-top FJ40s go to the square door openings?? :confused:

I saw this this AM and was gunna post a link. I thought it was a little rough for $2K

Is it a fj40 or a fj25? I am still learning all this stuff.

89s rule said:
I saw this this AM and was gunna post a link. I thought it was a little rough for $2K

It's an early 40, square rear wheel-wells.

Dang! I need those bows.

89s rule said:
In additon to the round wheel wells, the spare tire mount on a 25 soft-top is on the right rear side and the three horizontal chrome strips across the bib.

Not to mention the most significant difference of all . . . . .
NoBezel3.jpg

Last edited:
LandCruiserSteve said:
I had forgotten that the early 40 soft-tops had the rounded door openings. What year did the OEM soft-top FJ40s go to the square door openings?? :confused:

I think in '64. My '63 soft top has the curved door openings.

So who in Virginia wants to buy this and sell me the bows and bezel?

I live in Alexandria and could go look at it for anyone that's interested.

FJnotCJ said:
Sometime in '63? After that they went downhill....
bite me

ige, who doesn't own a 25, but would like to....;)

do you guys think that's the original bezel or could it be a reproduction?! looks pretty clean compared to the rest of the rig.....

orangefj45 said:
do you guys think that's the original bezel or could it be a reproduction?! looks pretty clean compared to the rest of the rig.....
He could have won a fiberglass repo in a raffle. John P. ( those hubcaps look real )

pardion said:
He could have won a fiberglass repo in a raffle. John P. ( those hubcaps look real )

he would'nt be the only one! i have one courtsey of john P as a raffle prize!:grinpimp:

orangefj45 said:

I would suspect it's original. The rest of the body looks pretty decent. I picked up a bezel from a truck that was much more of a basket case and the bezel didn't have any rust excpet of some slight surface rust on the back side.

I bead blasted it and primered... I'm now trying to decide weather to paint it myself or pay someone to deal with making it look perfect. I can certainly paint it but I want the red in LAND CRUISER to perfect.

http://www.risingsun4x4club.org/forum2/showpost.php?p=5247&postcount=21

I know you 25 guys don't like bezels but does anyone have some tips on painting the bezel and getting the red into the letters really nice. :cheers:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom