62 rear door glass removal

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
62 rear door glass removal - REAL TIME

How does one remove the rear doors glass on an FJ62? Apparently it does not come out like the front door glass does. Cannot find anything on this.

I have the doors stripped down to nakedness to replace the window rubber and weather stripping but I came to a halt. Any tips?

Last edited:
Its not to different.but on the bck door you have to remove the fixed small piece and its frame.One screw is inside the door ,to access it pull the door panel. Mike

Thanks Mike. I never did figure out how to get the back door glass out. I just lightly greased the new rubber as it went into the frame and slid it into position.

It's amazing what new window rubber will do for 20 year old electric windows. Quick and quiet.

i know this is an old post but i will try here before posting a new thread. i have a few rust spots where the rubber gasket meets the body and need to remove the glass to get this fixed. after reading this post i still am not sure how to go about removinig the rear glass. can anyone give steps and can the gasket be reused or does it have to be replaced? thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom