62 owners...don't cut this fuel line (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

nuclearlemon

not an addict
Threads
a shocking discovery from uncle ben when working on the raffle rig...the hose from the filter to the engine is $300 from toyota!!! he also found that junkyards will cut that line when pulling the motor :eek:

so do not cut that line unless you have to....save someone else some $ if you go another route.
expensive freakin hose.jpg

That's wild. Thanks for the heads up.
John

That the one with gold plating inside? $300 for a fuel line.

Does it have special connectors on each end? It a high pressure line?

I feel the same way about that as i do about my 350 dollar steering shaft. Cough *bull***** cough.

ummm ouch. Does that mean raffle tickets go up to $4? hahaha

we got the line donated. it had come up missing. thanks to the yota yard for that.

it is a high pressure line, just over a foot long. threaded connectors. but still....$300!!! i make hi pressure lines all day long for 1/10th that...i just don't have metric fittings.

How did you get all the Al parts so clean? (blinging)

Holy crap! I was having a hell of a time getting the banjo bolts off mine a while back, considered cutting the lines to get it out of the truck, I am so glad I didn't.

don't worry....after i win the raffle, i'll make sure i get it all nice and dirty for y'all :D

FWIW, Those crimp type hoses can be "re-fabricated" by cutting off the crimp shell and rubber hose, then reuse the crimp barb ends w/ 100PSI rated EFI hose and good quality hose clamps.

Not as purty as stock, but effective.

Thats just plain rediculous!

For $300.oo it better do more than supply fuel:lol:

Nuke -
Ever used Struble Fluid Power in Englewood (IIRC)? Great stuff, better prices. Lotsa strange fittings.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom