62 Long Range Fuel Tank Pump Options (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'm finally gonna bite the bullet and fork out for a bigger fuel tank now that I now have reason to suspect my 15 year old fuel pump is on its last leg anyways. I might as well replace the pump & strainer simultaneously and would like to hear any sucess/ failure experiences of a replacement pump whether it is aftermarket vs OEM as well as suppliers. I know I am limited on options and being this mod is at the upper end of my budget I need to get it right the first time. Any comments or concerns I would appreciate. Thanks

IMO unless you have a significantly modified engine, get an OEM pump or OEM supplier (Denso) pump and be done with it for another 15+ years. Trying to save <$100 to potentially have to go back in your fuel tank to replace it isn't worth the initial $ savings

@tmxmotorsports makes a ring to use a better pump module in a long range tank. One day I’ll buy one from him.

Hi, Every fj62 we have has had the Toyota pump replaced with another Toyota pump. They are the best pumps . Mike

That's what I needed to know, Thanks. I wasn't quite sure if OEM was still available.... I have noticed quite a fluctuation in prices on OEM parts- e.g. dealer vs parts houses. It is always the safest bet to check with fellow mudheads before shelling out bucko dinero to the dealer.

That's what I needed to know, Thanks. I wasn't quite sure if OEM was still available.... I have noticed quite a fluctuation in prices on OEM parts- e.g. dealer vs parts houses. It is always the safest bet to check with fellow mudheads before shelling out bucko dinero to the dealer.
Have you finished this? What long range tank did you go with? And Toyota OEM fuel pump?
I'm wondering if I'll end up doing this.. if I can't get my 1990 FJ62 tank serviced under the Toyota tank recall.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom