62 gas tank (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Draining and pulling my daughters 1988 fj-62 gas tank tomorrow. Will put in the new denso fuel pump. If you guys see a large plume of smoke and a loud bang I guess I wont make the meeting this month at Lone Star. Mike

Draining and pulling my daughters 1988 fj-62 gas tank tomorrow. Will put in the new denso fuel pump. If you guys see a large plume of smoke and a loud bang I guess I wont make the meeting this month at Lone Star. Mike

good luck... I just did this 5 weeks ago...if you have any questions call me at 518-210-8827 austin

Could you drain,and just drop the main support straps and get enough room to slip in the pump ? Mike

Could you drain,and just drop the main support straps and get enough room to slip in the pump ? Mike

that's what I did. It was a tight squeeze and you still need to disconnect the fill tube and evaporation lines. If you cut the access hole bigger it would be even easier. Getting the screws on the pump bracket undone through the access hole was tight but I have small hands so it was doable. The the pump just lifts and rotates and one you get it out you push it forward across the top of the tank towards the axle.

Some folks just cut a hole in the floor and make a nifty little cover like the one over the sender access ....

how did this go?

I will post some pics,Pulled it ,took about 3 hours with son-in laws help,had a Carter fuel pump in it. Started right up after new fuel pump ( Denso). Runs great after sitting 5 years! Mike

I will post some pics,Pulled it ,took about 3 hours with son-in laws help,had a Carter fuel pump in it. Started right up after new fuel pump ( Denso). Runs great after sitting 5 years! Mike

awesome...great news. Mine took about 5 hours but I was by myself and it was 10* inside the garage. Truck started right up just like yours.

:cheers:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom