62 Custom Center Console (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey all,

I came upon this center console with on a BAT listing a while ago. , Does anyone know who builds these, and if they would be available for custom order?

1616535979044.png

1616535708810.png

Love it 100% and matches some ideas I had for a center console:

60 console idea.jpg
60 console idea2.jpg
60 console idea5.jpg

woaoaoaoao....I want!

Looks very "Icon-Esque" How much did the cruiser sell for?
$79,500 LS3-Powered 1989 Toyota Land Cruiser FJ62 - https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1989-toyota-land-cruiser-fj62-41/

Looks great not for me...Had my money sent back from Cruiser Crap. So back at the hunt, anyone have more ideas. Or work with Delta...they said they are going to be making more 60 stuff just not fast enough for my build I fear. Any more console options out there? I saw a few folks playing with designs etc....:bounce:any progress?

Try and find a custom car audio shop in your area not best buy or anything like that real car audio shop.

Ive been on that idea for years. @tmxmotorsports is 100% correct, you have to find a custom fabricator to build a console similar to the one you pictured. Most sound shops will do a wood based build which IMO is a waste on the cruiser if there's any chance of moisture hitting the console. That's why I've hunted down a metal fabricator in my local area. @TRAIL TAILOR would be the guy that has the ability to design and produce in higher numbers but he's ass deep in full restomod's, so I don't think that's a strong possibility in the near future.

Well, Maybe for your resto-mod cruiser but not so much for the vintage enthusiast where originality just sort of flows from the unadorned front chrome bumper
thru the visible snake blinders and chrome window trim ending at the equally unadorned rear chrome bumper… ditto the interior And the pristine beauty of 30-40 year old ingenuity.

A lot of desert racing fab shops do custom consoles & miscellaneous tin work. I doubt anybody makes a production console, but it wouldn't be terribly difficult for a shop to do.

Ive been on that idea for years. @tmxmotorsports is 100% correct, you have to find a custom fabricator to build a console similar to the one you pictured. Most sound shops will do a wood based build which IMO is a waste on the cruiser if there's any chance of moisture hitting the console. That's why I've hunted down a metal fabricator in my local area. @TRAIL TAILOR would be the guy that has the ability to design and produce in higher numbers but he's ass deep in full restomod's, so I don't think that's a strong possibility in the near future.

Should be close to getting to my interior in the next 2 weeks.

IMG_20200305_132057275.jpg

The first pic looks like a Department of Interior console or a Cruiser Consoles. Both are Aussie companies and won’t do LHD. Maybe somebody modified one though? I have thought about doing that. Or that’s an Icon/TLC in house console if they built the Cruiser.

Shauno with the Dirty 30 has a Prado console that looks similar but he is running it because he has a 750 auto swapped in.

Cheers

Also Icon/TLC subs out all their interior work to an interior resto shop in SoCal. I just can’t recall their name at the moment. They do super nice work though and don’t just work for Icon/TLC.

Cheers

Anyone know of anything less custom out there? I'm thinking just something with little spikes all over the bottom, with a few cubbies in it. Something that would just drop in place

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom