Wanted '61 FJ25 parts wanted list (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

LCS

Threads
Just picked up a '61 FJ25. Plans are to put it back to original (or close to). This will be a slow build (fitting it in between personal stuff and customers rigs). Below is a list of parts I'm looking for. I will be adding to it as I go. I have quite a bit of Landcruiser parts to horse trade with (mainly 40,55,60,62 parts). Just let me know what you need.

Looking for:
Period correct power train (motor to drivelines)
Front and rear seats
Steering wheel and column
Trans tunnel cover
Under seat tool box/seat mount
Gas tank and filler neck

4-30-16.5.jpg

4-30-16.10.jpg

Last edited:
I likely have a steering column, box and pedestal if you need it. The wheel and turn signal switch is unobtainium, however a FJ40 wheel can be used and most have a Yankee turn signal switch installed anyhow.

Any F135 motor will pass for original, key pieces would be an oil bath air cleaner, draft tube oil filler and vented valve cover to finish the look.

Correct drive train will be a challenge, honestly unless one falls in your lap I'd go with an update like @pardion is doing.

Just FYI, based on your VIN it's a "late" 1960 FJ25 so recreation of the engine bay will be easier. The VIN on the paperwork in the other thread ends in 5L not 57 ie FJ2520XXXL if you need to catch it on the paperwork.

Thanks Jim.

I was told an early FJ40 column, box and center arm are the same. I should have those.

I have F135 motors and was thinking about using one.

Yeah I figure these would be hard to find. I was hoping to at least find the correct trans and t/case so I can keep the stock rear axle. I know people have used an offset t/case with a centered rear axle, but I don't want to go that route.

Not sure what you mean by my VIN. Are you saying it's not correct? 0-FJ25-20575L is on the title, vin tag and frame.

Not sure what you mean by my VIN. Are you saying it's not correct? 0-FJ25-20575L is on the title, vin tag and frame.

That is correct. The picture of paper in the other thread looked like the last digit was 7, must be my eyes.

Only difference in the steering box is that the three speed has the boss on top for the column shifter. The steering wheel of the 25 had a slightly deeper center hub with a stud for the turn signal switch, not many would ever see the difference.

Transfer case and bellhousing from a 25 would be easier to find than the transmission. Phil had a thread on here showing the early chevy four speed mated to a 25 transfer. I put a SM420 with toybox adapter in mine it's about six inches longer but fits in the crossmember.

That is correct. The picture of paper in the other thread looked like the last digit was 7, must be my eyes.

Only difference in the steering box is that the three speed has the boss on top for the column shifter. The steering wheel of the 25 had a slightly deeper center hub with a stud for the turn signal switch, not many would ever see the difference.

Transfer case and bellhousing from a 25 would be easier to find than the transmission. Phil had a thread on here showing the early chevy four speed mated to a 25 transfer. I put a SM420 with toybox adapter in mine it's about six inches longer but fits in the crossmember.

It has a GM trans in it. I'll look to see what it is. Thanks again!

I have an fj25 valve cover and some other parts i can dig through.think I have a tunnel as well but its been cut into.I actually scrapped an f120 block as it sat outside for 30 years and didnt think anyone would want to ship it,let alone rebuild it!

I have an fj25 valve cover and some other parts i can dig through.think I have a tunnel as well but its been cut into.I actually scrapped an f120 block as it sat outside for 30 years and didnt think anyone would want to ship it,let alone rebuild it!
Thanks. That would be great. You can contact me directly here (sales@landcruiserspecialties.com) to send more info & pics.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom