60s with canoes and maybe other boats (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

How's that Sportspal do for you? do you paddle it or electric motor?
Paddle it. I removed the side bumpers to replace the thru bolts due to rust. It’s okay. But the sides
are rough bent aluminum, not smooth beautiful oak gunnels. So it’s not enjoyable. But at 41 lbs it’s a sweet easy to maneuver canoe.

IMG_4946.jpg

Mad River Royalex is the best. nice find.

Total score and the price was fair. $400 for the boat, 2 adult paddles and 2 kid paddles. Can't believe how old this canoe is and what great shape it's in. Must have lived indoors most of it's life. This model was made from 1996-2002 and the 2 inspection stickers on the side say 1996 so this one was built in 95 or 96, 23 (or 24) years old.

Warning: post only includes a t’shirt 60... hey, I’m doing the best I can!
First voyage w/ the ‘13 Grumman and my son. Lake Williams, Lebanon CT. Went surprisingly well! And we both had fun. Definitely missing my truck but my little Nissan does her best to fill the void.

737BAB0D-8C5A-432A-A691-A8F584C8F3AD.jpeg

0AD2289A-74C0-4965-B4D0-67FF197B6DA3.jpeg

D5F1B1C4-F6AA-485A-B3A1-EB488DF2BE8E.jpeg

giving it all the beans!
View attachment 2016656

Sweet Pic! Is that in SC? My wife is from Santa Cruz and my mother in law lives in Scott’s Valley, right across the street from Henry Cowell State Park so we go down there quite a bit. Is there any wheeling in those beautiful mtns or is it all private roads and private lands?

Sweet Pic! Is that in SC? My wife is from Santa Cruz and my mother in law lives in Scott’s Valley, right across the street from Henry Cowell State Park so we go down there quite a bit. Is there any wheeling in those beautiful mtns or is it all private roads and private lands?
Thanks, This was out near Bald Mountain. Unfortunately I dont think there's any wheeling near here aside from Holister Hills and Big Sur.

Yesterday after taking out on the Yellow River in south Alabama. A long day. I pushed the Dagger about 13 miles downstream. Much of the water was good, easy floating but I encountered a few log jams plus simply a lot of in-stream deadwood from past hurricane and tropical storm action. This river is less than 100 miles from the Gulf of Mexico. Not a nice recreational float, working the river for a turtle research project.

IMG_2776.JPG
IMG_2760.JPG
IMG_2770.JPG
IMG_2756.JPG
IMG_2767.JPG

M416 loaded with turtle traps and the canoe was used this weekend to transport traps over a 500 m section of stream. No paddling just pulling the canoe. Everything is wet after having been hammered by a summer t-storm.

IMG_2808.JPG
IMG_2809.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom