60s Sumo spring bump stops

Hojack

“Roads... where we’re going, we don’t need roads”
I’ve been looking into the Sumo spring bump stops. Anybody using these. They have 3 different densities blue- lighter duty, black - medium and yellow heavy. These seem like a great alternative to an airbag.

Hojack

“Roads... where we’re going, we don’t need roads”
They're like an airbag that you have zero control over? That answers it for me right there. Why those over airbags?
I had a buddy bring them up. I have airbags on the dodge and love them. Just trying to see if anyone had used these and they like them.
What brand airbags did you go with @cruisermatt?

Willard

SILVER Star

I had something similar to these years ago on a F150 so I could put my camper on it. They worked great for that application and you never knew they were there.
I do not know if I would put them on a 60. That said my experience was very positive and it was a recommendation by a suspension shop.

I just posted on the thread about the Boss airbags. I run the AT09 Boss bags on my 60 in the rear with OME heavies.
Found a set of Blue SumoSprings on sale at the local spring shop and got a set. I put them up front. They are supposed to
absorb 1000 lbs each at half compression. They sit about an inch from the frame when it’s static.
I read an article about a competitor running the KOH who put a set on his buggy and indicated they really smoothed out the bumps. I have found after a year that they do make for a smoother ride from the front especially when braking hard
or when the front plunges hard off road. For me, they work and I recommend them. They are sold as an airbag alternative.
I don’t think I’d have been impressed with these in the rear compared to my airbags. You can see pics and read up on the Boss thread.

Top Bottom