60s Revival Project (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello from the far north. I would like to share with the community a few pics of my 60 that has been revived from the dead. This rig was laid to rest in 2012. I spent the last 6 months putting everything I got in it. Thanks to a few awesome Ih8mud vendors, Ebay peeps, CCOT, ManefreLV, CityRacerLLC, and of course SOR, this baby is going strong and at some pretty low temps too.

The condition it was in at the time of purchase.
P5060002.JPG
P5060003 copy.JPG

Current condition with a seasonal change.
IMG_2163.jpg
IMG_2164.JPG
IMG_2154.JPG

Last edited:
Battery Cable Set from @Fourrunner, Refurbed starter and CSF HD radiator from CCOT, New thermostat housing from CityRacerLLC, All new cooling system hoses. New Ignition Coil, Schumacher Battery Maintainer. And what I regret most, the Tang colored vac lines.
IMG_2155.JPG

Last edited:
Rebuilt Carb, Manafre headers with full exhaust kit and fluid heat riser plate.
IMG_2162.JPG

Last edited:
Where did you get the cooling system hoses from?

I bought the main radiator hose kit from SOR, and from there it became a witch hunt, mostly used SOR, ToyotaPartsDeal.com, and O'riellys. Were you looking for specific hoses?

Last edited:
I bought the main radiator hose kit from SOR, and from there it became a witch hunt, mostly used SOR, ToyotaPartsDeal.com, and O'riellys. Were you looking for specific hoses?

Thanks! Nothing specific. I have been needing to replace all mine and look into where to get them from. I have read something along those lines on, some are still easily available while others are a witch hunt.

Thanks! Nothing specific. I have been needing to replace all mine and look into where to get them from. I have read something along those lines on, some are still easily available while others are a witch hunt.
Yeah it takes a hot minute to get em all, but they out there. The only hose without a direct OEM replacement is the Inlet A hose (OEM 87245-90A01), the replacement hose is the Gates 28467

Check out CityRacerLLC. I procured from them a Water pump, fan clutch, Oil cooler pipe with hoses, the annoyingly hard to find charcoal cannister elbow, and Thermostat housing.

Nice work!

You’ve got the ultra-rare Niners floor mats too, and they kind of match your vac lines.

Nice work!

You’ve got the ultra-rare Niners floor mats too, and they kind of match your vac lines.
Thanks. I have other posts that show more work done to the rig. But yeah those niners floor mats are the rarest of all pieces. Those were courtesy of my landlord who is from the bay area.

Here's a few pic of the interior which is still a work in progress. When I got er, there had been a dog living inside of it for who knows how long and that thing thrashed everything. The seats, shifter boots, steering wheel and anything with a knob - window regulators, shifters, headlight switch and the choke pull were chewed to smithereens. Not to mention there was evidence of an electrical fire with the wiring in the dash. And mold ravished the carpet and door cards. Mind you, prior to this build, I had zero mechanical or electrical experience or knowledge. But thanks to the wise sages of ih8mud and every FSMs under the sun I was able to figure a few things out with the electrical system.

The steering wheel and headlight switch are from a BJ60, picked those up from a ih8mud user. The tuffy console came from CCOT. Window regulators are used OEMs. Knobs are from CityRacerLLC. Carpet is the cheap stuff, think it cost me 300 bucks shipped to AK, but its underlain with cool it thermo-tech from I hate to say it AMAZON. I will say the ride is pretty dang quiet, most of the road/trail noise comes from gravel hitting the inside of the rear wheel wells.

I am on the fence on what to do about the seats. I got the OG one in there but its barely held together by a cheap cover. I was thinking of reupholstering the back seat row and either going with seats from ManafreLV or reupholstering the OG ones. I just can't commit to paying SORs crazy ass price for the seat cushions. What do ya'll think I should do?
IMG_2157.JPG

IMG_2158.JPG

Last edited:
You could install PT Cruiser or BMW 3-series seats and rebuild the OEM seats at your leisure or as finances allow. PT Cruiser seats (at least the driver's seat) bolts in with 3 of the 4 bolts lining up, leaving you having to fab only one mount.

You could install PT Cruiser or BMW 3-series seats and rebuild the OEM seats at your leisure or as finances allow. PT Cruiser seats (at least the driver's seat) bolts in with 3 of the 4 bolts lining up, leaving you having to fab only one mount.
Right on. Thanks for the input. I really want to hold onto the OEM seats. Good to know the PT cruiser and BMW 3-series fit. Might have to take a dive into craigslist to see if any are available.

BMW seats require Torfab's kit (and the right (later) FJ60/2 floorpan style - not sure the cutoff date) or you can weld your own mounts. Beware the FJ60 rear heater - may interfere in some cases. Do lots of reading here on Mud to learn all you need to know.

Yeah I am hoping to make the seat fab as painless as possible. A quick search of the CL reveals there are no seats available in my area. Which is par for the course in Fairbanks. The single seat works well despite it being a Frankenstein fab. But I'll check out some posts to see what im up against. Thanks again for the advice.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom