60s LC pricing recs?

I am considering buying a 60 series LC because:

a) I like the boxy 80s look
b) I want to drive stick occasionally and want to teach my kids how to drive stick
c) want another 4WD drive car to take up to the mountains (aside from my 200 series LC)

Occasionally, I see 'em pop up on sites like Cars and Bids -- for example, I was eye-f***ing this one:

Questions:

What's a good rule of thumb on pricing these?
What potential issues should I watch for (so I don't buy a lemon)?
Any other advice?

TIA

kevin in okinawa

SILVER Star
I am considering buying a 60 series LC because:

a) I like the boxy 80s look
b) I want to drive stick occasionally and want to teach my kids how to drive stick
c) want another 4WD drive car to take up to the mountains (aside from my 200 series LC)

Occasionally, I see 'em pop up on sites like Cars and Bids -- for example, I was eye-f***ing this one:

Questions:

What's a good rule of thumb on pricing these?
What potential issues should I watch for (so I don't buy a lemon)?
Any other advice?

TIA
Everything is overpriced these days so good luck with pricing. Buy The least rusty one that you like.

Prices are wild these days but there are still deals out there. Get your money pot ready so you can act fast if you need to. Set a limit for what you are willing to pay. Be willing to fly and drive. Be willing to fly and look if needed. Be patient. Ignore that little inner child that gets excited by shiny things and overlooks the bad things. Be willing to make an offer and walk away if the offer is not accepted.
Lastly buy the nicest cleanest truck you can find and afford.

aer0397

SILVER Star
Prices are wild these days but there are still deals out there. Get your money pot ready so you can act fast if you need to. Set a limit for what you are willing to pay. Be willing to fly and drive. Be willing to fly and look if needed. Be patient. Ignore that little inner child that gets excited by shiny things and overlooks the bad things. Be willing to make an offer and walk away if the offer is not accepted.
Lastly buy the nicest cleanest truck you can find and afford.
Definitely this.
Write down a list of hard “no’s” that you won’t budge on and stick by it. Go kick a lot of tires of vehicles for sale or reach out to your local club for meetups, to put your eyes on as many rigs as possible.

OSS

SILVER Star
Coming from a 200, you'll be either appalled or charmed by the 2F depending on your temperament.
If you've driven a 60 before, then you sort of know what you're getting into.
But if you haven't...

That's the first course of action - test drive one (not necessarily one you'd want to buy) to get a lay of the land. The FJ60 is not like any other vehicle on the road today.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom