60's & Ebay (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
What's up with these people wanting reserves of 10,000+ for their relatively stock 60's???????
Heck I think I'll sell mine if they are actually getting way more than they're worth.
dave.

i hear there's a real problem with crack ravaging much of the US. i would attribute the trend you're noticing to this.

ebay

Well, people really like the FJ60's and even at $10k for a stock well running truck, that might seem like a bargain vs going out and spending $30k on a new car.

I think the market is very different all over. Of course, I have seen some sell locally that were marked 8k for a all stock, pretty worn, mostly rust free cruiser that had a few issues - that same 60 would sell here on mud for $1800, if even that.

my .02

fidel said:
i got offerd 15k for my 60 at a gas station

Wow. Is yours built up and/or in great shape?

That Aussie cruiser is bad ass. It would sell for a lot more here.

Buy mine! It didn't get any bids on ebay with no reserve and starting at 4300.

Sound like fishing excursions to me. Worth a shot, since value is subjective. We all know that our cruisers are worth more to us than what the insurance companies would give us.

I have also had random offers for mine. People see them and get mesmorized by them...sure as hell a lot more interesting than any of the ubiqitous modern soccer mom SUV's running the roads these days that sell for $25k+. Imagine the cruiser you could build for that kind of dough!

Roebon said:
...sure as hell a lot more interesting than any of the ubiqitous modern soccer mom SUV's running the roads these days that sell for $25k+. Imagine the cruiser you could build for that kind of dough!

Almost a third of the way there ($$) and my imagination was much more interesting than reality... :)

The reason for this is (at least partly) attributable to how much new cars cost these days. You really can't get much for under $ 30K any more (especially 4x4s). I'm not saying it all makes sense, but it might not be such a bad idea to pay $ 10,000 for a cool FJ60 than $ 40,000 for a loaded 4Runner.

cbmontgo said:
The reason for this is (at least partly) attributable to how much new cars cost these days. You really can't get much for under $ 30K any more (especially 4x4s). I'm not saying it all makes sense, but it might not be such a bad idea to pay $ 10,000 for a cool FJ60 than $ 40,000 for a loaded 4Runner.

I agree with you 100%. That is the reason that I have mine. I'd always lusted for a 60 series cruiser... I switched careers and all of a sudden was making 1/2 what I was before, but I was driving less than 500 miles a month now as well. So to trim expenses, I sold my '02 taco and used the equity in it to pay for my 62... and now that I am getting back to what I was making 3 years ago, It is nice not to have a $500 a month car note. ;)

I bought mine for $485. Of course, it has sat in the yard for 3 years.....Just a few more dollars and it'll be drivable.

i was able to find my unrusted 87 here in california for $3650. no mods and in pretty decent shape. not perfect or a show winner, but a great reliable truck. i've since put that much into parts, maintenance and upgrades. upshot is that i feel like it's been taken care of, which is worth piece of mind to me. the other aspect of the truck being paid off is really nice.

if someone has 10-15K to spend on something, more power to them. i personally feel that it's artificially inflated - depending on what's actually been done to the truck and it's real life condition.

cbmontgo said:

I think another part of it is that they're becoming retro cool. It seems like the FJ Cruiser has gotten more people interested in Cruisers in general. I've even been noticing FJ40s and FJ60s in quite a few adds for REI and other outdoor stores.

i wouldnt put much stock in gas station offers of 15k unless they are waving cash in your face. a lot people talk; few of them follow through, thats been my experience with a number of cars.

one love
jah bill

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom