1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

60's & Ebay

Discussion in '60-Series Wagons' started by norcalvws, Aug 22, 2006.

1. norcalvws

norcalvws

What's up with these people wanting reserves of 10,000+ for their relatively stock 60's???????
    Heck I think I'll sell mine if they are actually getting way more than they're worth.
    dave.

2. loeky

loeky

i hear there's a real problem with crack ravaging much of the US. i would attribute the trend you're noticing to this.

3. fidel

fidel

i got offerd 15k for my 60 at a gas station

4. MJ_Oregon

MJ_Oregon

ebay

Well, people really like the FJ60's and even at $10k for a stock well running truck, that might seem like a bargain vs going out and spending $30k on a new car.

I think the market is very different all over. Of course, I have seen some sell locally that were marked 8k for a all stock, pretty worn, mostly rust free cruiser that had a few issues - that same 60 would sell here on mud for $1800, if even that.

my .02

5. vanders

vanders

Not on e-bay, but this is what $10,500 aussie dollars (US$8,000)will get you down under.

http://www.gumtree.com.au/sydney/69/5538669.html

If it wasn't over 4000Km away, and I wasn't so emotionally attached to my HJ60 so much, I'd buy it.

Vanders.

6. Southbound

Southbound

Wow. Is yours built up and/or in great shape?

That Aussie cruiser is bad ass. It would sell for a lot more here.

7. RredFJ40

RredFJ40

Buy mine! It didn't get any bids on ebay with no reserve and starting at 4300.

8. tcb

tcb

Media:
    Albums:

I'm assuming you no longer have that 60..

9. Roebon

Roebon

Sound like fishing excursions to me. Worth a shot, since value is subjective. We all know that our cruisers are worth more to us than what the insurance companies would give us.

I have also had random offers for mine. People see them and get mesmorized by them...sure as hell a lot more interesting than any of the ubiqitous modern soccer mom SUV's running the roads these days that sell for $25k+. Imagine the cruiser you could build for that kind of dough!

10. bridges

bridges

Media:
    Albums:
    Almost a third of the way there ($$) and my imagination was much more interesting than reality... :)

11. cbmontgo

cbmontgo SILVER Star

The reason for this is (at least partly) attributable to how much new cars cost these days. You really can't get much for under $ 30K any more (especially 4x4s). I'm not saying it all makes sense, but it might not be such a bad idea to pay $ 10,000 for a cool FJ60 than $ 40,000 for a loaded 4Runner.

12. tcb

tcb

Media:
    Albums:

I agree with you 100%. That is the reason that I have mine. I'd always lusted for a 60 series cruiser... I switched careers and all of a sudden was making 1/2 what I was before, but I was driving less than 500 miles a month now as well. So to trim expenses, I sold my '02 taco and used the equity in it to pay for my 62... and now that I am getting back to what I was making 3 years ago, It is nice not to have a $500 a month car note. ;)

13. yournamehere

yournamehere

Albums:
    I spent 10 on my stock 60. Not so strange I guess.

or....

is it?

14. timbercruiser

timbercruiser

I bought mine for $485. Of course, it has sat in the yard for 3 years.....Just a few more dollars and it'll be drivable.

15. loeky

loeky

i was able to find my unrusted 87 here in california for $3650. no mods and in pretty decent shape. not perfect or a show winner, but a great reliable truck. i've since put that much into parts, maintenance and upgrades. upshot is that i feel like it's been taken care of, which is worth piece of mind to me. the other aspect of the truck being paid off is really nice.

if someone has 10-15K to spend on something, more power to them. i personally feel that it's artificially inflated - depending on what's actually been done to the truck and it's real life condition.

16. NorCal Cruiser

NorCal Cruiser I don't post much

I think another part of it is that they're becoming retro cool. It seems like the FJ Cruiser has gotten more people interested in Cruisers in general. I've even been noticing FJ40s and FJ60s in quite a few adds for REI and other outdoor stores.

17. jb welda

jb welda

i wouldnt put much stock in gas station offers of 15k unless they are waving cash in your face. a lot people talk; few of them follow through, thats been my experience with a number of cars.

one love
    jah bill

data-matched-content-rows-num="2,1" data-matched-content-columns-num="1,4" data-matched-content-ui-type="image_stacked" data-ad-format="autorelaxed">