60 tcase nose cone transplant to a 62 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Spook50

Skål
Supporting Vendor
Threads
Has anyone done this? I want to eliminate the vacuum shifting for 4H in my Cruiser, and just have the cool factor of a twin stick setup. Is the nose cone transplant a good way to go, or would I be better off swapping in the whole tcase?

Spook50 said:
Has anyone done this? I want to eliminate the vacuum shifting for 4H in my Cruiser, and just have the cool factor of a twin stick setup. Is the nose cone transplant a good way to go, or would I be better off swapping in the whole tcase?

I have Non-USA FJ62 with manual transmission, vacuum shift transfer(ELC)
Non-USA FJ62 has two kind of t-case shifting mechanism.
One is ELC -Vacuum shifting(Same with US FJ62), another is stick shifting.(Same with US FJ60)
After reading your post, I checked EPC and found that t-case itself is identical but a few parts about nose cone(?) is different.
To do transplant, you only need to swap parts in red circle from FJ60.
Transfer gear fork(No. 36311) have identical P/N.

Oh, Min Seok

Are those the parts that are inside the FJ60's nose cone? Doing the swap looks deceptively simple, so I'm sure there's something that I'm not catching here. Or is it really as simple as it looks?

Spook50 said:
Are those the parts that are inside the FJ60's nose cone? Doing the swap looks deceptively simple, so I'm sure there's something that I'm not catching here. Or is it really as simple as it looks?

Yes, they are located inside of FJ60's nose cone.
But to change, you must disassemble t-case.
It can not be done only from out of t-case.

Oh, Min Seok

schaats said:
Yes, they are located inside of FJ60's nose cone.
But to change, you must disassemble t-case.
It can not be done only from out of t-case.

Oh, Min Seok

That's what I was afraid of. Sounds like it's more work than I want to get into until I'm ready to actually rebuild the case (which likely won't be until it gets put onto a new transmission).

Spook50 said:
That's what I was afraid of. Sounds like it's more work than I want to get into until I'm ready to actually rebuild the case (which likely won't be until it gets put onto a new transmission).

I think you must do nose cone swap as a part of t-case overhaul.
It might be more efficient. :)

Oh, Min Seok

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom