60 steelies and 40 hub caps. Stupid idea? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

C6H12O6

SILVER Star
Threads
Clips are available somewhere to weld on. Stupid idea? I have the 15” 60 wheels, but mostly interested in the idea to potentially going to 16” wheels. Stupid idea? Discuss.
F86C83B1-2AE3-4019-A11E-A937B5F34606.jpeg

I used cheap VW clips. They are garbage. That sorta leaves KoxFarm's Aussie made clips that City Racer sells as the easy clip option. $78 per rim, a bunch of time invested and you'd have 15" rims with few tire options.

$260 per rim for 16" clipped City Racer's. $260-$78=$182. So $182 more to get what you want with no messing around welding clips on 15's. And more tire options.

Another option is The FJ Company rims

If rims were black, it would be a good look.

Sell you 60 rims and buy some 16” rims

I would remove the hub caps.

Yes, black or grey for sure. The hub caps on chrome looks stupid. Mostly curious if anybody had done it. Price to buy clips, time to weld them on, time to paint or price to powder coat, and it’s stupid money, for sure. And a waste of time and money for 15”.

Like I said, mostly just curious if it had been done and if it would work for the already grey or black 16” version. Wish the 16” clipped City Racer OEM wheels were wider, but even this idea is a lot of extra work and expense for an extra 1/2” of width.

I don't hate it.....however I would line-up the hubcap black slots with the wheel slots....or else stagger them symmetrically.

I'm agreeing the more I look at it. I was hoping the holes would be inside the hub caps. It would look better if the 60 rims were grey or black, but just about zero bang for the buck here.

I just wish there was a reasonably priced way to get a wider stock wheel. 33x10.50 will work, as has been well documented here, but that's about the biggest you can go anymore. Anything in the 12.50" width in a 15" or 16" diameter wheel, and there isn't anything with a stock-ish look that isn't $$$.

Those hubcaps definitely look like they don't belong there.

Why not buy a set of 16" flat steelies and modify them to fit the hubcaps? Kind of like an oversized 40 wheel...

Take the hub caps off, look at vehicle.
Install hub caps, look at vehicle.
Repeat until you understand.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom