60 Series with a 12HT - IP pump return fuel line back to fuel tank (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Could someone who has a 12HT in a 60 series tell me if the return diesel fuel line from the IP back into the fuel tank has a one way check return valve attached to this line and does it return to the bottom or the top of the tank?

The reason I ask is in my install I did the return line which I have placed is in the top half of the fuel tank, so, although its a return line it is above the fuel level in the tank so it has air, is this a problem of air bleeding back up the return line to the IP? hence I ask the above question?

Thanks

Could someone who has a 12HT in a 60 series tell me if the return diesel fuel line from the IP back into the fuel tank has a one way check return valve attached to this line and does it return to the bottom or the top of the tank?

The reason I ask is in my install I did the return line which I have placed is in the top half of the fuel tank, so, although its a return line it is above the fuel level in the tank so it has air, is this a problem of air bleeding back up the return line to the IP? hence I ask the above question?

Thanks
Thats a really good point. Let me take a look at my truck and Ill ask around at the shop for some second opinions. To be safe, I might just install an "el cheapo" one way valve on the flexible return line close to the engine. This is a great question. Id be interested in what other people have done.

most of the 12HT conversions ive seen people run the return into the fuel line (before the lift pump) via a tee peice, doesnt seem to cause any issues

GarethsSixty, how is it actually plumbed in an original installation? does it go all the way back to the fuel tank?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom