60 series wins! The best cruiser of them all

OSS

USA cruisers only. I agree with his first choice (if you've got another modern car too)

Indestructible 47

the 40 - the old cattle truck
Very cool vid, unfortunately US landcruisers are only a fraction of the variants made over the years. Robustness is not extinct in the landcruiser, you just have to get outside the US to see it

I could have easily driven those offroad trails in my beater ‘02 Elantra without damage...
The vehicles were loaners so he did say he didn't pick a real bad road in order to not damage the vehicles.
That said, what he was driving on wasn't much worse than sections of my driveway that I traverse in my X19 with a 4 1/2 inch clearance.

When I bought my FJ40 there was a 55 sitting next to it.
Even though I considered the 55 I didn't test drive it because I tested the 40 first and was sold on it.

I kind of skipped through the vid because I the rest of the cruisers didn't interest me but I will say while the $89,000 rig might have a smoother ride I don't think it would hold up after trying to do some of the stuff I have done with the 40.

“A collection of parts flying in loose formation, it’s a 1977 FJ40”. Couldn’t be more wrong.
I quit watching.

Top Bottom