1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

60 series ride height

Discussion in '60-Series Wagons' started by Jim_Phillips, Mar 17, 2004.

1. Jim_Phillips

Jim_Phillips

I have a question concerning the ride height of a 60 series. I have 31 inch tyres on 15 inch rims and my wheel arch (rear) is 32 inches from the ground. Same measurement at the front is 34 inches. I know my springs have sagged - I'm just wondering by how much. Does anyone with the same tyre/wheel size happen to know what their ride height is?

Thanks, Jim

2. Mike S

Mike S

Jim - I am running stock FJ60 15" rims with 31 X 10.50 Goodyear MT/Rs. The truck has stock springs/shackles and is level. Here are the measurements - 34" ground to top of front wheel arch, 32-3/4" from ground to top of rear wheel arch.

Note that not all 31" tires have the exactly same circumference.

:beer:

3. TOZOVR

TOZOVR

best bet is to measure from the fender lip to the center of the hub....then tire size is no matter.

4. Benji

Benji

To keep with your measurements, mine is 33.5" in front and 32.5" in back with 31 X10.50 BFG ATs. I need new springs. Mom can I have some money please? I wish!!!! (Did you ever find the gun racks Jim???)

:cheers:

Ben

5. dogboy

dogboy

the only really accurate way to tell how much your springs have actually sagged is to physically remove them from the truck and measure the spring's free height and compare the results to the factory specs..... big PITA unless you are planning on replacing them which if they are sagging you might consider anyways....

6. lowtideride

lowtideride

Media:
    Albums:
    front bumper 29 inches from the ground and the back is 31...and my springs are pretty flat :D

7. Jim_Phillips

Jim_Phillips

Thanks for the input. Looks like my rears are more sagged than the front (which figures since it towed a caravan before I had it). The measurements are very similar though. I was hoping to gain at least an inch lift just by fitting new springs - maybe it won't make such a difference. I'm fitting the new ones this weekend and will post my new measurements.

Benji. I have had no success in finding a company that will ship the gun racks to the UK. I'm going to call in a favour from someone on the 80s list - when I had an 80 I bought side marker lights for 4 or 5 people and shipped them to the US. I'm going to be an Okie too..

Jim