60 series mirrors (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So I found these mirrors on ebay, they look like a combination of 60 and 62 mirrors. I was wondering if anyone knows if they are for maybe a 70 series? Also does anyone have a picture of a 60 series running these?

20201006_121518.jpg
20201006_121532.jpg

Don't 70 series mirrors fit on 60 series? Or did I hear that wrong?

There are 5-7 different 7x series mirror assemblies depending on market, specification, installation location, etc. So it really depends on which ones you have and from what vehicle as to whether they will fit.

I am unfamiliar whether those will fit or not.

The bolt pattern fits however the gasket/bend in bracket does not align with body line, it has a gap as it is offset from the body line. Make a new gasket or leave the gap. Pic courtesy @Godwin

dscn5283a-jpg.1437526

If those are OEM Toyota, you're probably ok, but if they are Chinese reproductions, you might not like the vibrations and general cheapness of them.

If those are OEM Toyota, you're probably ok, but if they are Chinese reproductions, you might not like the vibrations and general cheapness of them.
I just like the shape, I was thinking since they are so cheap I would buy them and mod them to just be a bit tougher.

I’d beware of the cheap knockoffs. Speaking from experience. I thought I could toughen mine up, too. 5 years later, they manage to annoy me almost every time I drive.

I’d beware of the cheap knockoffs. Speaking from experience. I thought I could toughen mine up, too. 5 years later, they manage to annoy me almost every time I drive.
Just curious but what how were they annoying? Did they just shake a bunch?

Just curious but what how were they annoying? Did they just shake a bunch?

Mine are not the exact same, but similar. They shake and flop around right out of the box. I took them apart and tightened, and sealed every possible fastener inside (there are not many of them). You can only go so tight given the amount of plastic that makes up the structure, and they need to have some movement so that they don’t break off every time you hit a tree branch.

So they continue to flop around, particularly the passenger side and particularly when I go over 50 mph.

The takeaway is that they never seem to be where you want them to be.

Mine are not the exact same, but similar. They shake and flop around right out of the box. I took them apart and tightened, and sealed every possible fastener inside (there are not many of them). You can only go so tight given the amount of plastic that makes up the structure, and they need to have some movement so that they don’t break off every time you hit a tree branch.

So they continue to flop around, particularly the passenger side and particularly when I go over 50 mph.

The takeaway is that they never seem to be where you want them to be.
Yeah, im having a similar problem with my OEM ones. I wonder if the housing could be beefed up with a little metal to add some support?

if its the glass on the OEM moving, get a foam coozie(thick foam, not the1/8" foam) and cut a piece, fold it over and glue it, then insert behind top or bottom of glass(whichever is closer to housing when you have mirror adjusted correctly). If the housing is loose from the base, make sure you have three ball bearings between housing and mount where housing rotates. If you do, take mirror off and check position of 'lock ring' in base. The teeth should all be in the circumferential groove of the shaft coming thru from the housing. If not, use a socket/hammer to drive the lock ring down. Larger deep well is better so it is pushing on the shoulders of the lock ring and not on the teeth.
If the lock ring is really loose, you may have to take the three screws out that hold the pivot to the housing. Use a bar clamp to compress spring and squeeze entire pivot assembly so groove is visible in base when using socket and hammer to drive lock ring on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom