60 series LC NOOB! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey Everyone!

I’m new as can be to this forum and my Land Cruiser. I’ve never owned one before but I’ve wanted one for a while and picked up a project for myself. The truck runs well, and has a few cosmetic issues, but I do car restorations for work, so I’m excited about this build.

My issue is I’m brand new and know nothing about these trucks. Well, very little.

What I know is I have a 1990 Fj62. I know that’s considered good by some because it has fuel injection.

I know I want to get an old man emu 2.5 inch lift, as well as all the bells and whistles to get this truck dialed in. (Steering stabalizer

if anyone can chime in with a little wisdom and experience on what I will need to know to get my lift kit ordered, and what things I need to look into as a new owner, I would appreciate it.

The website I found was asking me questions on what series or edition and I got a little confused and thought I should step back and just try to get some basics done first.

thanks all,
Mic
D499DC63-0AA3-4CDF-A4E5-5150D8C3A6BF.jpeg

My 2 cents after reading your story and looking at the picture. Ditch those wheels and probably the wheel spacers too. OME lift, yes. Order from a vendor like @cruiseroutfit They can advise what’s best for the truck based on your usage.

Other than that, change the oil and all the driveline fluids. Pull the fill plugs before the drain plugs on the differentials, and transfer case. Check belts, other fluids.

Most importantly, have FUN!

Welcome to MUD :flipoff2: <— Official IH8MUD Welcome!

Ditch the wheels and the fj cruiser mirrors. ;)

I would spend time and money getting it dialed in and running, stopping perfect before even thinking about a lift.

Cool 62 with potential. Have fun!

Assuming it's an auto , an external atf cooler is a really good idea if it doesn't have one already.
Also check the color of the atf. If it's brownish or smells burn't it will need new fluid.
Thank you, the trans slipped a little when i bought it the owner told me about it. When I dropped the pan it had a bunch of metal shavings so I pulled the whole trans and sent it out for rebuild. I will for sure get the external trans cooler. Thank you

Ditch the wheels and the fj cruiser mirrors. ;)

I would spend time and money getting it dialed in and running, stopping perfect before even thinking about a lift.

Cool 62 with potential. Have fun!
For sure. Those mirrors are god awful, and the wheels and spacers. Was thinking about going stock fj60 Steelies, or something like that.

OME lift, yes. Order from a vendor like @cruiseroutfit They can advise what’s best for the truck based on your usage.

X2 for @cruiseroutfit. Congrats on the new to you truck and welcome aboard. The irony of the Tesla sign behind a 62 is top notch.

Yup, like the others have said. Can never go wrong with @cruiseroutfit ! Fantastic business.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom