60 series grille (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Still no plans to do 62 headlight bezels? Cause these 60 ones look amazing!

Still no plans to do 62 headlight bezels? Cause these 60 ones look amazing!
I wanted to convert the 60 bezel to hold a headlight bracket instead of making 62 bezels. If I’m just so busy, I don’t have time for new grille designs.

The final prototype is cut, and hopefully it fits :mad: It is just zip tied to the vehicle, it is not bolted on properly and that is why it looks like it is not bolted on properly:p

This picture is the previous prototype, I made adjustments and fitted it to 2 different 60's. I think its good-to-go. Let's just hope I didn't screw it up again in the DXF files.

View attachment 2582981
.dxf files? The 80’s are calling and they want their retro CAD format back :). Kidding aside, Let me know if you need some help moving this data to a more contemporary format. I can also help out with post processing etc.

cheers, James

.dxf files? The 80’s are calling and they want their retro CAD format back :). Kidding aside, Let me know if you need some help moving this data to a more contemporary format. I can also help out with post processing etc.

cheers, James
Thanks! I will keep that in mind. My laser shop uses DXF and I have my Auto Cad skills worked out quite well at this point. My problem is that I currently do not have access to a local plasma table, but I soon will so that will help. I could produce a prototype in a weekend instead of a year once I have a plasma table to use.

Thanks! I will keep that in mind. My laser shop uses DXF and I have my Auto Cad skills worked out quite well at this point. My problem is that I currently do not have access to a local plasma table, but I soon will so that will help. I could produce a prototype in a weekend instead of a year once I have a plasma table to use.
Anytime. Best way to reach me is via PM. Been super busy with work but am willing to help out. Got access to the full suite of Siemens NX CAD tools and would be happy to help out With any CAD related topics. I used to live in Flagpole in the 90’s and still have some good friends there.

Fingers crossed

image.jpg

This kit is basically ready to sell now. I am working on tightening up a few things, and having an installed photo to show soon. It really does look great in person. I am excited to show it finished. :clap: I have no time for anything right now, that is why it's not done

This kit is basically ready to sell now. I am working on tightening up a few things, and having an installed photo to show soon. It really does look great in person. I am excited to show it finished. :clap: I have no time for anything right now, that is why it's not done
I suppose that’s a good problem to have. You do great work and it’s awesome to see when you have time to post! Thank you!

ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh....guess we have a trade eh? :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:
Haha! Hope so. Let’s see if this next prototype I’m cutting fits. It’s only been 2.5 years of this, not long at all.

Is there any possibility of making FJ62 headlight bezels in the future, or completely off the table?

Edit, just realized I had already asked this a while back. Disregard the dummy.......

Is there any possibility of making FJ62 headlight bezels in the future, or completely off the table?

Edit, just realized I had already asked this a while back. Disregard the dummy.......
Haha! It is part of the plan. I want to make a conversion to 7" round for the 62 and I would like to make 62 bezels also. I need more time in my day :meh:

Haha! It is part of the plan. I want to make a conversion to 7" round for the 62 and I would like to make 62 bezels also. I need more time in my day :meh:
If you could make it so one doesn’t have to overly modify to do the rounds that would be awesome

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom