60 series cutting out (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi guys looking for a little advice here after reading too many forums..
I have a 1985 60 series 2h
299kms the car has been running like a dream for the past year I’ve had it always started easy and never missed a beat.. lately it’s super hard to to start and cuts out after starting.. I can hear a relay clicking as it cuts out. this Happens under load when driving and happenes more going uphill?
If I don’t do anything when it cuts out it clicks back on after a few seconds and I have power again or I can flick the key to start and it also takes off again.
Any advice would be great.. possible oil pressure switch maybe? It has a new battery and the earth connection seems good.. thanks in advance.. cheers scotty

Sounds like a possible fuel starvation issue. a quick, cheap, and easy thing to do is put in a new fuel filter. Drain the old one and cut it open to inspect the paper element inside.

-Any sense of where the relay is located that you are hearing?

Can you see fuel in the sight glass on the side of carburator when the truck cuts out?

Is it only hard to start when its cold and starts fine once warmed up?

What is the climate you live in? is a cold morning 70 deg F or 0 deg F?

Loosen and tighten the coil, and the coil hold down cage, it is a major ground, and gets crusty.

Then run a wire from the ignitor case on top, to a solid ground, and let us know if it helps....

I am definitely not a Land Cruiser expert, but the original post says the 60 series in question has a 2H diesel engine, so no carburetor or ignition coil.

Thanks Seth/Morganism
It’s a 2h diesel and has a new filter the prob was happening before and after the filter change..
I’m in Australia so it’s not too cold at all.. I have read that the oil pressure sensor can cut the engine out if faulty..
also it is showing low oil pressure on the gauge too..

cheers Scotty

Oops sorry didn’t see that..
can I transfer this thread Orr just start a new one over there

Cheers

Use this link to start a new thread in that section.
60 series cutting out

Actually no, it’ll bring them here. Just copy and paste your first post.
Felicity

Ok ignore carb :)

Don’t know much about the 2h confit but there should be a fuel s*** off solenoid....maybe something is triggering that on you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom