60 Series - CREE reverse bulbs

pfran42

Supporting Vendor
EDIT: JUst got the new socket 1156 7 Watt bulbs in. THese fit the 60 Series without having to trim the heatsink. This model also include LEDs around the perimeter of the bulb casting lower intensity light in a full spread across the rear of the vehicle.

I have been selling these to the 80s section and have gotten a lot of positive feedback. These are the same LEDs (just a different socket type) I run on my 100 so example pics will have to be from my truck. If anyone wants to post up after buying these and taking good night time pictures, I will refund the first person who does so.

Having these bulbs in the back makes backing up on dark trails or long driveways a whole lot easier. After installing these on my rig, I wondered how I ever made due without them.

Note: FYI, there is another "new" vendor on the forum who has been around in the 100 Section for a few years. I came out with the kits first and he copied 97% of my original sell thread and posted it elsewhere.

Kit Name:

60-7W

Bulbs:

Socket 1156 7W Q5 High Power CREE
330 Lumen
30-50K hr. lifespan
*Bulbs have a robust aluminum heat sink that is grooved to prolong LED life.

60 Series Bulb Fitment Guide:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/14UqTzi5W8G4LZbU4fqN4roZRlENNL8zbqTM_qIcFJW0/edit

Combo Pricing:

Ask about discounts for ordering multiple products (Interior kit, 5W CREE Reverse lights, License plate bulbs, etc.)

Pricing:

$40 (Shipped in the US)

Ordering Instructions:

Send payment via Paypal to pfran42@gmail.com

In the Message to Seller section include:

• Real Name
  • Mud Name
  • Kit Name (60-5W)
  • Shipping Address
  • Email Address
  • Any relevant info if we agreed on anything out of the norm

International Orders: Send email to pfran42@gmail.com and I'll see what I can do.

Pics:

Last edited:

pfran42

Supporting Vendor
From my trip to ACC Toyota today. (you can find ACC in the vendor section)

Here is a pic from the back of my 100 with the same bulb (just a different socket type) on the driver's side compared to the standard OEM bulb. Believe me when I say that pictures do not do this bulb justice.

I think that video does a little better of a job illustrating the differences. Once again, this is video shot of the back of my 100 (same bulb, different socket).

Regular Video:

Same Video (viewable on mobile devices):

Last edited:
Just curious if you have confirmed these will fit in the 60 housing?
Another vendor with the same looking bulb has found they will not fit .
Check the 60 section.

pfran42

Supporting Vendor
Just curious if you have confirmed these will fit in the 60 housing?
Another vendor with the same looking bulb has found they will not fit .
Check the 60 section.
Confirmed. Bulb heat sink requires a little grinding down to fit. It took me about 5 minutes. I am going to request a heat sink design change from my vendor in order to accomodate the 60 Series. Those who do not want to wait can easily trim away a bit of material in order to install.

Last edited:

pfran42

Supporting Vendor
Update: While outfitting the 60 with LEDs at A.C.C., I ran into the problem reported by Joe_E re: the aluminum heat sinks being too wide for the reverse bulb housing. I had to take soft grinding wheel to the housings for about 5 minutes in order to taper the housing in a manner that allowed them to fit in their sockets. I have placed a request with my vendor to have the housing manufactured with the taper incorporated, so this should not be an issue for very much longer.

If I order a set of the backup LEDs for my 60 now, will you ship me the “improved” version that will fit my 60 without modification, or will it be a while before you have the final version of the 60 backup light ready to ship? :hmm:

Last edited by a moderator:

pfran42

Supporting Vendor
If I order a set of the backup LEDs for my 60 now, will you ship me the “improved” version that will fit my 60 without modification, or will it be a while before you have the final version of the 60 backup light ready to ship? :hmm:
I can personally mod it for you but it will look like the pics. No loss in functionality and you wont me able to see any of the modified areas once the bulb is inserted. As for a production run, it looks like about a month off. I do plan on getting some new inventory in the next 10 days or so I am not certain that the new style will be included.

did the grinder mod today and it took 10 min.....after the sun went down i took these before and after pics.

the light output is very impressive - and also being in my driveway, everybody passing stopped and i had to wave them on. point being that these things scream "I AM BACKING UP!"

the only reason you can see the windows in the first pic is a streetlight 30 yds away at the end of the street....

Last edited:
Top Bottom