60 Series Center Console Organizer

NLXTACY

Wits' End
Supporting Vendor

So I figured it was time to give my 60's peeps some love as well. I have my trusty 60 steed but it gives me no grief like the 80 does on occasion so I wind up hanging out in the 80s forum most of the time. It was on my 80 that I knew I was getting fed the hell up with the clutter that was going on in my center console. Well it turns out my 60 console was no better.

I developed a few of these Accessory Panel Units (APUs) that are more size specific but my newest I wanted to give the 60 serious some very specific love. Although this panel could be used on any flat or curved surface, I really designed it for the 60's lid. You can tell from the tapper on top to the notch for the cable limiter.

For those that are interested I would love to hear feedback on any possible changes that should be considered and if you would have a heart attack making a few 1/8" holes to the underside of your lid? I would love the feedback, good or bad, so that I can actually move forward and making these bad boys available.

BTW, most of you see in the panel are other things that I will have available as well. :grinpimp:

For now though I could really use the feedback. More info to come.
APU3-60Series7.png
APU3-60Series6.png
APU3-60Series4.png
APU3-60Series2.png

TRAIL TAILOR

Enabler
Supporting Vendor

Joey,

I like the idea and don't limit this to the OEM console. Many of us like, 40/55/70/80 owners swap the OEM or add a Tuffy, CCOT, Smitty and now @mmw68 the iCrap console (I will have soon)

How does it attach? Velcro or rivet snaps? Be nice to remove in time of need outside of cruiser, campsite, trail etc..

Anything to help clean up, secure and add more gadgets to our cruisers is a great product IMO. Slip on seat cover organizer (back sides) would be another idea too.

As I said before, if I can help let me know.

I'm in for a 60 console whenever you get some made. Maybe 2-3 never know my mood.

Jason

Last edited:
Yes that looks really cool. Great idea. Wondering how it attaches to the lid too. That looks like the early model center console. The '86 & 87 have a slightly different console. I wonder if the lid is the same width.

NLXTACY

Wits' End
Supporting Vendor

Joey,

I like the idea and don't limit this to the OEM console. Many of us like, 40/55/70/80 owners swap the OEM or add a Tuffy, CCOT, Smitty and now @mmw68 the iCrap console (I will have soon)

How does it attach? Velcro or rivet snaps? Be nice to remove in time of need outside of cruiser, campsite, trail etc..

Anything to help clean up, secure and add more gadgets to our cruisers is a great product IMO. Slip on seat cover organizer (back sides) would be another idea too.

As I said before, if I can help let me know.

I'm in for a 60 console whenever you get some made. Maybe 2-3 never know my mood.

Jason
I had a good conversation with @mmw68 and it turns out my 80 Series panels fit his console perfectly. Here are the 80 panels:
image.jpg

It attaches using Dot Snaps. The available snaps are machine screw, tapping, rivet and VHB plastic button (for the scardy-cats). Anywhere you can attach snaps is where this can mount. Flat or curved surface.

And yes, there are other types coming in the future ;)

NLXTACY

Wits' End
Supporting Vendor

Yes that looks really cool. Great idea. Wondering how it attaches to the lid too. That looks like the early model center console. The '86 & 87 have a slightly different console. I wonder if the lid is the same width.
Attaches with snaps and I need to hunt down the console for 86/87. I already knew it was different just not by how much. Snap sample...
image.jpg

NLXTACY

Wits' End
Supporting Vendor

C'on already... I need one for my Tuffy...
Dude! Give me the inside measurements!! I haven't measured a Tuffy yet. I think one of my first two will work.

I need the inside measurement of the lid, but since the lid goes over the console, I will also need the measurement of the inside of the console itself. This will be the ultimate decider of the size because when the lid is closed the panel needs to fit evenly inside the console.

That is positively brilliant.

I will measure my console (smittybuilt, IIRC) next time I am kicking around the shop.

I believe I have an '87 center console sitting there too.

Dan

Dynosoar

Slightly Disturbed
SILVER Star

It IS going to be an awesome addiction to my 60. Just have to clean all the crap out of the console now!

Top Bottom