60 series bolts for brake caliper halves (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello folks!

I am currently rebuilding the brake calipers to my hj60. In dismantling the brake calipers, I managed to strip one of the 4 bolts that bring each half of the front caliper together. I feel like I've looked everywhere, and I cannot for the life of me find a replacement bolt. I do know that Toyota does not suggest dismantling the brake calipers, but there was just so much dirt and grime that I felt like I needed to in order for a good rebuild.

Could someone PLEASE help me out with the exact specs of the 4 bolts that hold the caliper halves together?

I totally support splitting the halves but would always use two new O Rings between the halves, not easy to find kits that include those flat cut O Rings.

The bolt is an M10x1.25x75mm, the unthreaded portion of the shank is 45mm and its got a 14mm bolt head. 75mm is just the shank of the bolt.

I cant find a Toyota listing for this bolt, and the markings on the head are not familiar to me (lower case "b"). Any high tensile bolt with the correct thread and length will likely be fine though. This would be a common bolt on Toyota 4x4 calipers.. any wrecker with Landcruisers would be able to sell you an old caliper from 45/47/60/70/older Hilux/Tacoma with bolts that would likely match.

Last edited:
I totally support splitting the halves but would always use two new O Rings between the halves, not easy to find kits that include those flat cut O Rings.

The bolt is an M10x1.25x75mm, the unthreaded portion of the shank is 45mm and its got a 14mm bolt head. 75mm is just the shank of the bolt.

I cant find a Toyota listing for this bolt, and the markings on the head are not familiar to me (lower case "b"). Any high tensile bolt with the correct thread and length will likely be fine though. This would be a common bolt on Toyota 4x4 calipers.. any wrecker with Landcruisers would be able to sell you an old caliper from 45/47/60/70/older Hilux/Tacoma with bolts that would likely match.

There is no Toyota listing for the bolt because Toyota does not “technically” support splitting the calipers in halves. Hence, why the o-rings and bolts are not available.

There is no Toyota listing for the bolt because Toyota does not “technically” support splitting the calipers in halves. Hence, why the o-rings and bolts are not available.

Yes, the argument comes up regularly about the splitting.

The O Rings are available, at least in Australia, in the Protex KS1054S rebuild kit

My King,

Thank you, I really do appreciate it. I'll track down some of those o-rings to make sure my rebuild is the best it can be.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom