60 Series axles with OME lift on a BJ75 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have a new project in mind and I have access to 60 series cable locker axles with an OME lift and I want to put them on a BJ75 mine truck. I know it'll be fairly easy to swap the axles, but I want to use the OME's.

I've heard that 60 series OME can be put on a 40 series easily. I also know that 40's and 70's have almost the same frame width and springs, but I'm not sure about the rear springs on a BJ75.

Can anybody give me some insight to 60 series axles with springs on a BJ75?

OK, so i did some internet research and the front leafs are almost identical, with the 75 having more leafs and higher spring rate.
Both 60 and 75 fronts have the exact same bushing (OMESB1), u-bolts (OMEU51), shackles (OMEGS2), and greasable pin (OMEGP1).

The rears have the same shackles (OMEGS1) and u-bolts (OMEU59B).
The main difference is in the rears: The 75 rears have larger eye diameter of 40 mm compared to the 60's 35 mm
- bushing kit is different; OMESB1 (60 series) compared to OMESB16 (75 series)
- greasable rear pin is also different; OMEGP1 (60 series) compared to OMEGP2/GP4 (75 series)

So the bushings will match the eye diamter, no problem. The correct pins are what I'll need to figure out.

Can anyone tell me what a "sipgot" is on leaf springs? ARB says " There can be 2 spigot sizes in the rear fixed end pins on 75 Series LandCruisers.
Check for correct size before ordering greasable pins. Part numbers are: 50mm spigot = OMEGP2 and 51mm spigot = OMEGP4

the 75 rear springs are also longer and heavier duty,more leaves.
the spigot is the flanged part of the pin that fit into the hole on the outside of the front spring mount,if you look at the front spring mount,theres a big hole on the outside and a small hole on the inside,measure the diameter of the big hole.

you'll have to shift the perches on the 60 axle housings to match the width of the 70 series perches, if the springs are the right length to fit the 70 frame you'll also have to bare in mid the centre bolts on the spring packs probably wont be in the same place so you'll have to watch where your axle housings end up so you don't have tyres fowling on the wheel arches, steering linkages binding and driveshaft's being too short or too long, you could also end up with the caster angle changing on the front housing which can easily be corrected with wedges

I did a similar conversion a few years ago but put front 70 series front springs into both ends of my 40 series, I had to redrill the centre bolt holes right out on the end of the perches and still ended up with the front axle pushed forward and the rear diff pushed back, I had to trim the rear fenders to get the tyres to clear, I ended up with a 4" lift and really flat shackle angles which gives really soft flexy articulation which is good for off road but lots of excessive body roll on road, my caster angle changed but it improved it from the old springs that were in there it steers a lot straighter and safer with the 70 springs

simonliew said:
the 75 rear springs are also longer and heavier duty,more leaves.
the spigot is the flanged part of the pin that fit into the hole on the outside of the front spring mount,if you look at the front spring mount, there's a big hole on the outside and a small hole on the inside,measure the diameter of the big hole.

Any idea what the spigot size is for a 60 series rear?

I like the idea of running a hybrid of the 75 and 60 rear. All I really care about is getting the matching lift in the rear end.

60 SERIES SPIGOT ARE 45 MM AND 51 MM FOR THE 75 SERIES,IVE SOME 45 AND 51 MM SPRING PINS AND SOME SHACKLES SITTING AT MY SHOP I CAN SELLL THEM AT A GOOD PRICE.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom