60 Series AC Dash Bezel (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

jamesurq

Reefmonkey
Supporting Vendor
Threads
Website
reefmonkey.com
I hate to do this, because I typically can find what I'm looking for - but this one eludes me.

My 60's spent most of it's life in Arizona baking in the sun, so the AC bezel basically disintegrated when I was removing it for some wiring.

There's someone making a (quite expensive) metal replacement with multiple choices for dials, switches, ashtray delete, etc.... I remember seeing it and thinking it was too expensive.

After 6 months or so of the switches hanging out like eyeballs from a zombie, I'm ready to buy it. But I cannot find it.

For some reason I thought it was Delta - but nope....

anyone?

shot of mine after spray bombed flat black (to keep glare down) and installed. Note you will lose your cig lighter hole but will have a new diff sized hole for a usb port. I had to slightly enlarge the sandwich hole for my yaesu ham radio (upper right).

20201008_160651-jpg.2486374

My bezel is only cracked in one spot, but I am replacing switches shortly, so who knows how long that will last. Anyways, I came across these 3D printed ones somewhere on the forum. They're certainly a cheaper option, hopefully someone can chime in on their quality.

Well - it would appear that the one I need is out of stock :( - I shall wait.

Yes they come as the raw 3D print. No filler, but finishing required depending on your level of anal retentiveness.

Yes they come as the raw 3D print. No filler, but finishing required depending on your level of anal retentiveness.
I’m pretty extreme when it comes to sanding quality. I’d probably end up burnishing it to a high gloss and then knocking it back to a matte finish to take paint. Lol but that’s just me.

@ChaserFJ60 3D prints a nice one.

For a stock type piece I don't think there is anyone who makes one better than @ChaserFJ60. There may be some other options but for the purist this is the way to go to replace your broken original. I can't tell you how long I have waited for someone to finally 3D print this piece, and the fact he has switch arrangement options for it is just icing on the cake. The fact this exists is so cool. Outstanding stuff.

Is it disintegrated, or just cracked and broken in a few spots? If the latter, then it's repairable given a little time and effort. Mine was cracked in one place and had two tabs broken and this is how I made that repair:

Although...if I had know there was a 3D printed version I might have gone with that option not knowing there was an alternative.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom