60 rear flex brake line questions..

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Mace

rock scientist..
Staff member
s-Moderator
Threads
Poser mentioned this a while ago
Something else I forgot to mention Jason, the rear axle brake hose for a 60 series should work great on the front caliper to eliminate that dust shield as well

Can any one verify that the 60 seried rear soft brake line is Female inverted flare on one end, and Male inverted flare on the other? I know the frame side will be female inverted flare, but the question is if the axle end is inverted flare or uses a copper washer.

Bob is too much of a hack job to have the right pieces ;)

Can any one verify that the 60 seried rear soft brake line is Female inverted flare on one end, and Male inverted flare on the other? I know the frame side will be female inverted flare, but the question is if the axle end is inverted flare or uses a copper washer.

This top 2 lines in this pic is a 60 rear frame to axle line.

EDIT: The male end is not inverted flare. I just looked up what inverted flare exactly is.:doh::doh:
ss brake lines.jpg

Last edited:
You sure? It looks to be inverted flare to me. (At least form the pic)

I don't see any copper washers

Jason I am sorry that I do not have these components in front of me at this time. I can verify that the rear brake hose is male inverted flare in the AM when I get back to the shop.

:beer:

This is correct, but it will still be a hack.:flipoff2: No copper washers on the FJ60 system. 100% certain on that.

Just get some lines made at Brake Quip. I got some nice ones with a 90 degree fitting and no more expensive than OEM Toyota. Check it out:

attachment.php

Thanks Poser, and drew..

The problem with Brake Quip, is that you can't get them immedately in town here. Everything has to be ordered..

So if it needs to be done, it is much easier to give the counter monkeys a specific application (which works out as 1990 80 series actually) for a good part :)

The problem with Brake Quip, is that you can't get them immedately in town here. Everything has to be ordered..

That's too bad. Our local dude is a good guy and keeps the Toyota style ends in stock. I like the 3000 PSI test while you watch. You know immediately if the lines are good.

You can also get the lines at NAPA, but you need to go through the book and find the right end code reference, then cross reference to all the lines with that code, then pick the length, then order. PIA.

Local stainless places are worthless.. And won't do brakes because of liability..

YOU can get the lines at NAPA. None of the Napa's we have around here do soft lines ;)

ntsqd. Huh??? ;)

Was already covered, no point in hammering the point.

FWIW, Oxnard Hose, in Oxnard CA can make up brake & clutch hoses to exactly your spec using either braided SS or OE type rubber covered hose. Think there's a page up.
I had them make me a 6 foot long rubber cover hose with a -3 hose end on one end and a -4 hose end on the other for my shock reservoir N2 charging system. Cost then for that was about $45 and it is way more flexible than going braided. Just the thing for climbing under a truck.....

Let me know what you need and I can have Speed Frame in Farmersville, CA build it and I can send it to you. He builds them while you wait. He is closed on Mondays though.

If you need stock FJ 60 Front Lines, I can take them off one of my rigs and take it to him and have him make them out of SS and ship them to you.

I've already ordered 91 Cruiser hoses, which are the hoses listed in the FAQ.

If I need them sooner. I'll rob the ones from Bob. Thanks for the offer tho!!

I used rear soft lines from a mid 80's 2wd mini. They are male female, shorter than the 4wd version, and readily available.

I was talking to Woodrow about the mini front stuff, didn't think about the rear stuff.

Okay, time to start measuring the available options out there..

mini fronts are either male/male or female/female. The rears are 1 of each.
Male/Male. I've been under mine a lot lately trying to get the X-over worked out. The PO extended them by screwing a rear hose into the frame end of each front. So I've got 47 feet of hose and only 10 inches of wheel travel.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom