60 owners with Webers? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I went to drive my 60 yesterday, pulled out of the garage (stopped luckily to go grab something) and when I went to leave, throttle goes to floor. Opened the hood and the throttle linkage connection to the carburetor had broken. Anybody know the part number for this? Looks like a piece of the socket cracked off, no way to keep
ball end of the linkage connected via the cotter pin. Zip tied together to avoid pushing it back into the garage! Pics attached.

E6D93255-51A1-4B52-8CB3-D433BF851E86.jpeg

BCCDE144-B439-4EB9-8251-7F2DC9C3AE4D.jpeg

the hairpin is what stock linkage would use to keep the ball in the socket.
remove hairpin rotate 180 degrees and re-install. the straight part holds the ball from coming out of the socket

if the harpin you have doesn't work or fit, any hardware store, preferebly an Ace, will have multiple sizes of the hairpins

there is probably a more technical term for the pin, I've always known them as hairpins

I went to drive my 60 yesterday, pulled out of the garage (stopped luckily to go grab something) and when I went to leave, throttle goes to floor. Opened the hood and the throttle linkage connection to the carburetor had broken. Anybody know the part number for this? Looks like a piece of the socket cracked off, no way to keep
ball end of the linkage connected via the cotter pin. Zip tied together to avoid pushing it back into the garage! Pics attached.

View attachment 3129166

View attachment 3129167
remove hairpin rotate 180 degrees and re-install. the straight part holds the ball from coming out of the socket

if the harpin you have doesn't work or fit, any hardware store, preferebly an Ace, will have multiple sizes of the hairpins

there is probably a more technical term for the pin, I've always known them as hairpins

Thank you, Yep, that was it. Not quite sure how, but the ball slipped out. Didn’t look at the aft end of the same linkage part and it’s the same connection. Cleaned and lubed the parts and slipped the hairpin on, good to go.

@Treetopflyer sorry I don’t know a part number but my 60 has a Weber. I’ll try to snap a pic at the first of the week if that can help you out?

Good luck, dude!

Joel

Thanks ToyotaMatt, those pics of the linkages helped a lot. Hard to see in the actual vehicle how the hairpin actually holds in the ball.

i was in a hurry earlier , and totally forgot about my Extended LENGTH 2 part series ANYTHING VUNTAGE TOYOTA LAND CRUISER accelereator linkages

i cover your HAIR PIN you have installed back wards and also upside down too ?

this is a BIG TIME safety concern too take it serious please :)

i was in a hurry earlier , and totally forgot about my Extended LENGTH 2 part series ANYTHING VUNTAGE TOYOTA LAND CRUISER accelereator linkages

i cover your HAIR PIN you have installed back wards and also upside down too ?

this is a BIG TIME safety concern too take it serious please :)

From your Instagram photos, it looks like I have the hairpin situation sorted out. The 55 linkage videos are not the setup I have, but good to know how to take care of the other clips and ball joints 👍🏻.

From your Instagram photos, it looks like I have the hairpin situation sorted out. The 55 linkage videos are not the setup I have, but good to know how to take care of the other clips and ball joints 👍🏻.

happy to help ,

- i hope this was informative and educational regarding the HAIR PIN topic , and such because it IS a general un-intended Acceleration linkage BINDING potential

un-intended acceleration scenario .........

glad your hair pin matter is resolved by the FSM ! :)

kindly matt

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom