1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

60 oem wheels

Discussion in '60-Series Wagons' started by brian, Jul 30, 2005.

1. brian

brian SILVER Star

so what type of wheels were available, in the US market? i know there were chrome and white spokes, i have a set of each, but did they have a steelie wheel also? if so what color(s)? how about hub caps? just one kind or were there a few types.

this thread would also be pretty useless without pics *wink, wink, nod, nod*

also looking for pics of 60's with 33x9.50's, so if anybody wants to play the field's open.

my name is brian and i have a problem with oem steel wheels......*kinda looking for a set of splits......*

2. Landpimp

Landpimp GOLD Star

Media:
    in the US there was only one wheel that came on a 60 or 62, the chrome 15x6's.

81-3 fj40;s has the white spoke, same as the 60 but not chromed. 60's wheels were optional on 40's.

90 fj62, with OEM wheels and 33x9.5's
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

86 fj60, same with 33x9.5 no lift
    [​IMG]

same with OME
    [​IMG]

same but with 33x10.5
    [​IMG]

82 fj40 with OME and fj60 wheels with 33x9.5
    [​IMG]

same but with stock white spokes painted gray
    [​IMG]

60 and 62 wheels look VERy similar but there are slight difference in the cut outs, franky I don't know which is which anymore ;)

3. Exiled

Exiled

The early Canada-spec BJ60's, which were available in STD-trim, came with the white spoke version of the common 60 series wheels.

Let me open up the archives, I know I have pics of 60's with the grey rims (which was an OEM option, but not in the US).

4. StanCruiserMan

StanCruiserMan

I go with Landpimp and say only chrone spoke 15” on 60’s & 62’s in USA. Some dealers did do a little wheel switching so it is always possible a 60 was sold somewhere with the older grey wheels and hubcaps.

Non-US 60’s commonly had 16” chrome and the grey 16” split rims. I think there were also non-split 16’s in grey and possibly white spoke. I guess I haven’t been paying attention enough!

Henry... is that you??

Here are the grey splits:
    60.jpg

5. stinkyfj60

stinkyfj60

Too bad the plain white steel 15X6 rims that came on Toy solid axle pick ups didnt come on 60s (same as the hubcap wheel but 1/2in wider and no clips). I ran a set on a Pig I had and they looked great, when I sold my Pig the guy was supposed to return them and never did...

6. GLTHFJ60

GLTHFJ60 Rum Runnin' SILVER Star

I did not know that those five spoke wheels came in the 16" size. I'll have to get some when I upgrade to 34" tires later this year. I think that the classic chrome spokes make the truck. The newer style aftermarket wheels are a detriment to the classic styling of the entire rig, no offense to the owners of such wheels.

:beer:

7. Exiled

Exiled

Victory! Dang, I *really* need a better way to search through these pics, it took me at least a couple of hours to dig these up. I don't think this is stock, but it lets you see how the FJ40 rims would look on a 60.
    weirdblue.jpeg weirdblue2.jpeg whitetop.jpeg

8. Landpimp

Landpimp GOLD Star

Media:
    it would have takin me just as long or longer to find mine ;)

I have always like the 60, neat look.

9. bjowett

bjowett

Silver/Grey 16 x 6" wheels w/ Dunlop R/T 215/85R16, which is a 31/8.5R16.

[​IMG]

10. Landpimp

Landpimp GOLD Star

Media:
    those are the ones that we can order thru Toyota in the US right? I like them

11. brian

brian SILVER Star

the grey spokes on pimp's 40 look cool.

i really like the steelies w/caps on the 60, although i think i like the steelies without caps on the 60's better.

not much of a chrome person, they look ok with the dark blue, but they don't work quite as well with the burgandy/red that i have.

hopefully i get my steelies done soon, for the 40. i'll have to put my white spokes on the 60 to see what it looks like. i might end up doing another set of grey steelies for the 60.

anybody want to trade for a set of chrome spokes?

12. 89s rule

89s rule

are there any stock options besides getting them widened that will work well with 33x12.5x15? I am still rim searching and will hopefully be able to buy some in the next month or 2. Cash has been wayyy low!

13. GLTHFJ60

GLTHFJ60 Rum Runnin' SILVER Star

I'd kinda like to get my stock chrome spokes acid dipped, widened and then powdercoated black. That would be cool, no the best.

:beer:

14. Exiled

Exiled

I used to run widened FJ40 rims on my FJ62 and *loved them*, but the job was botched and they used to lose air. Still miss them, should have kept a couple for my trailer....

15. bjowett

bjowett

You are correct... Toyota USA