60 hubs ona 40 issue (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
ok, I took a hub from my 83 BJ60 parts truck, and plan on putting it on my 80 BJ40.

I bought two new rotors.

The 40 hubs use short wheel studs, and have 6 bolts holding the rotor to them.

The 60 uses long studs, with two bolts holding the rotor to the hub, and the long studs going from the rotor though the hub, effectively giving you 8 fasteners.

The new rotors are drilled for the 60 pattern that is 8 holes. Should I be pulling the short studs and using long studs? I mean right now if I use it as it sits, there are only two bolts holding the rotor to the hub...

why don't you just get the right rotors? what was the issue with your "hub" you removed from the 40 series?

correct rotors, correct hubs, spindle bearing kit, all good

or like Fast Eddy suggested, both 60 series hubs, recently purchased rotors (pressed on assuming you have a press), and a spindle bearing kit, all good

Last edited:
why don't you just get the right rotors? what was the issue with your "hub" you removed from the 40 series?

The rotors that I ordered locally, the only ones that came up for a 40...were the 60 type with 8 holes not 12...the hub I removed from the 40 was destroyed, hence the swap from the 60 donor...

I ended up pulling the 2nd hub off the donor....all good now....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom