60 front door to a 'unique' 62?....need photos (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So I'm trying to replace a front door on my FJ62 due to damage. I know a 62 door will go on a 60 because it has all the provisions for the manual locks/windows.

Question is, can a 60 door be made to fit a 62?

My situation is slightly unique because I converted my 62's electric windows to all OEM manual windows and panels, plug n play. But I still maintain the power locks and mirrors. So my window hardware will fit a 60 door no problem. Will I be able to mount the rest of the power stuff on a 60 door? The devils in the details...I don't want to half a$$ rig something to "make it work".
And does the 60 door have a provision for the wiring to pass through?....probably easy enough to drill it and swap in the wiring grommet.

I don't have access to a 60 door to compare, can someone post some detailed photos of a 60 front door inner panel/armature?? (passenger side front door if it matters)

Why do I ALWAYS find sh*t searching AFTER I post? Haha. Found some basic photos and info but mostly 62 doors to a 60.

Still could use a definitive answer with some good photos.

It will fit.
I cannot guarantee you if there is a hole to drill or to weld.
Find out before painting.

Just went out and popped open my 62 door and took some pics, there is much less to the power lock actuator and wiring than I remembered. Also found a couple good pics here in the forum for comparison.

Perhaps I've answered my own question.

Here is a shot of a blue FJ60 door I lifted off another posting, thanks @CenTXFJ60 !
(and it just happens to be a right front :hillbilly:)

image.jpeg

Here are some shots I just took of my fj62 door.
These are the simple attachment of the power lock motor and wiring...

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

From inside the door, from top looking down...

image.jpeg

That's all there really is to it and you can see that mounting hole is on the blue 60 door as well.

Last shot from the top of the internal door mechanism itself around the window channel. As long as all this stuff mounts the same in a 60 door this should be a plug n play door swap.

image.jpeg

60 front doors have a hole and grommet for the wiring to pass through. But 60 back doors do not. I think you will be ok. I put 62s on a 60 and power lock actuators and lock mechanisms fit. Only thing I didn't move over was the wiring harness and power windows. regulators fit the same. Clips for the door cards fit the same.

Last edited:
Not sure about a hole for power mirrors wiring though.
Power mirror wiring is in the same wiring bundle as the other wiring. I had to drill a hole in the FJ60 door at the mirror mounting location, easy to do.

60 front doors have a hole and grommet for the wiring to pass through. But 60 back doors do not. I think you will be ok. I put 62s on a 60 and power lock actuators and lock mechanisms fit. Only thing I didn't move over was the wiring harness and power windows. regulators fit the same. Clips for the door cards fit the same.

Good info, thanks.

Looks like 60 to 62 should be a straight swap with just making a drill hole or two. Seems like a small thing to make a big deal of, but it would be a huge pain in the a55 to source, pay for, and ship a door and find out it won't work with all the bits and pieces.

So far haven't been able to find a good 62 specific door, I'll expand my search to include 60 doors now.

And to think, 5 years ago I gave a dozen good doors away because no one would answer my year long , continuous ad
for 60 doors, complete, 25.00 each. Apparently 100 miles was too far to drive from the phx area to here. Those , with
fenders tailgates and lift gates. Enough to fill a long bed truck and a 20ft trailer. They all went to a reputable Land Cruiser
yard who had time and space to deal with them. Twenty years ago they would have been crushed. The most I paid for a
running 60 before 2010 was 2500.00. The one I've put the most mileage on a bought for 1800.00 in '06. Still have that one.

And to think, 5 years ago I gave a dozen good doors away because no one would answer my year long , continuous ad
for 60 doors, complete, 25.00 each. Apparently 100 miles was too far to drive from the phx area to here. Those , with
fenders tailgates and lift gates. Enough to fill a long bed truck and a 20ft trailer. They all went to a reputable Land Cruiser
yard who had time and space to deal with them. Twenty years ago they would have been crushed. The most I paid for a
running 60 before 2010 was 2500.00. The one I've put the most mileage on a bought for 1800.00 in '06. Still have that one.

Thanks?!? :bang::bang: Ugh.

Looking for the lower tailgate too.

I've got one that needs a little work along the bottom seam, but a cheap entry point:

For Sale - FJ60 Tailgate (Rust Along Bottom) NM

I may be able to get it as close as the DFW area by the end of the week.

Thanks sir, price is right for sure, but I'd be looking for one that is in really good condition, especially in regards to rust.

Reality is, my tailgate is in really good condition, it's just bent in/warped pretty good on the inside surface where I hauled a bunch of heavy lumber in it years ago. The body shop said its a really tough area to unbend and suggested I start with a straight one. Its internal and cosmetic mostly, may just live with it until the right one pops up.

The front door is the priority.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom