60 Brake Proportioning valve (below master cylinder) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I am trying to get the brakes figured out on a 1985 60. New master Cylinder, new front calipers and pads, new rear pistons, shoes and hardware. Cannot get things to bleed, I believe it is the proportioning valve but do not know how to test it. I have seen somewhere about a test in the FSM but cannot find it or the thread I read it in. Do not want to buy a new one if its not needed. Ideas please? I know that I read somewhere "Do not open the proportioning valve" or some such BS but I'm a guy that opens everything so I know how it works. Exploded diagram would be great. I believe I saw one somewhere but cannot find it.

I found it, I also found a thread on a corvette forum that shows how to do the rebuild. Might be worth a try
brake valve cutaway.jpg

I found it, I also found a thread on a corvette forum that shows how to do the rebuild. Might be worth a tryView attachment 2748281
Where did you find this? The Chassis and body manual I have just states if it's not working properly to replace it. Has a simple graph to reference, if the pressure gauges at the master and rear do not show a reduction in rear pressure, it just says to replace. Since they're unavailable/expensive it would be nice to know more info

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom