60, 80 and 100 Series Emu Wing top hinged side cargo windows. Open until 3/18/16. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

A few days for assembly, up to 1 week for powder coating and 5-10 days shipping depending on customs hold ups. Likely 2+ weeks for delivery.

Paid yesterday. Race is on on who puts them on first and posts pics :)

Thanks for getting the group buy together.

You're welcome!

This was the first time I've conducted a group buy. I hope I did a decent job of it. It was worth it to me to get the discount, but I don't believe I could do it again unless it was another product I had an interest in purchasing.

You're welcome!

This was the first time I've conducted a group buy. I hope I did a decent job of it. It was worth it to me to get the discount, but I don't believe I could do it again unless it was another product I had an interest in purchasing.

Thanks for your hard work ihadmail!

I just wanted to update everyone. Emu Wing has emailed me to let me know that they have only received payment for 18 of the units ordered. 3 members haven't paid yet. Emu Wing is holding off on shipping any until they receive payment for the 20 unit minimum.

huh..... do we know who those users are can some reach out to them?

I have messaged them. One user has already responded and the error was on my part. I missed a letter in his email address and he hadn't received the pp invoice yet.

I'm paid up now, thanks @ihadmail for putting this together.

Two of the three have now paid so that puts the order over 20 units paid for. The ones who paid earlier should ship this week and the stragglers will be shipping soon.

I apologize for the delay, but I do understand Emu Wing's position on waiting to ship until the minimum of 20 had been paid for.

Again, Emu Wing has been great to work with. They have indicated that after the fulfillment of this order they will no longer be accepting PayPal as they have had issues with it throughout this group buy.

yeah, paypal sucks. Especially their crappy exchange rates. Cost about $20. I'm paid up as well.

Thank you for working the groupbuy with them!
I'm excited to have this mounted up!

Last edited:
Thank you for working the groupbuy with them!
I don't know if they mentioned to you ahead of time but I think they should let every customer know they will pass the PayPal seller's transaction fee into the invoice! It is a seller fee not customer and IMO you shouldn't charge to the clients unless they have knowledge of it and agrees to pay!
Still, I'm excited to have this mounted up!
Not complaining, just my $.02!
Thank you again

I had no fees that I noticed on mine. Here is a screen shot of the transaction when I click on it in my PayPal history:
Emu Wing.jpg

To my knowledge they didn't charge any fees to any of us. What I did find odd, was the lack of PayPal's conversion fees. I've ordered from Australia and Thailand before using PayPal, submitting the funds in the local currency (just like the AUD here) and PayPal has charged me a "foreign transaction fee".

EDIT: If they did charge any of you a fee, I apologize for not knowing of this and communicating it to you in advance.

Oh, I'll check and make sure when I get to my comp. n report back, don't want to bad mouth anyone for no reason!

Alright I've edited my previous post! I went back and checked invoice, email and anything else related to this and it does not show any extra fee whatsoever! Makes no sense to me, I swear it did when I went to pay it !!! Now I don't know if it was paypal hiding something in the transaction!
Anyways, I'm excited these things will start shipping soon!

One thing I just noticed on the invoice notes was where it's saying flat aluminum, isn't this supposed to be slightly curved like the glass?

Last edited:
Alright I've edited my previous post! I went back and checked invoice, email and anything else related to this and it does not show any extra fee whatsoever! Makes no sense to me, I swear it did when I went to pay it !!! Now I don't know if it was paypal hiding something in the transaction!
Anyways, I'm excited these things will start shipping soon!

One thing I just noticed on the invoice notes was where it's saying flat aluminum, isn't this supposed to be slightly curved like the glass?
Pretty sure the aluminum has a contour. I think the description you are seeing as flat aluminum is in relation to the finish as in not powder coated.

@Get outside the original PayPal message does show PayPal fees, and states paid by seller. I had forgotten about this until I went back and looked at the actual email. I can see where it would be easy to read that as the seller passing the fees on, but if you do the math the total paid equals the total of the wings, powder coating and shipping after the discount, in AUD.

image.jpeg

@savirc that is correct the aluminum has a slight curve to match that of the truck. The flat aluminum refers to the finish.

Has anyone received a UPS notification yet? Mine says I have to pay duty taxes upon delivery?

duties.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom