60-62 Sliders (12 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Sexy:grinpimp: Can you set up something for those of us without rockers?

I can build them but I'd need the rig. I would only be guessing at height using my rig with rockers.

I could have the sliders and base plates done, just have to mock it up and weld in the standoffs. You'd be here for a day.

I can build them but I'd need the rig. I would only be guessing at height using my rig with rockers.

I could have the sliders and base plates done, just have to mock it up and weld in the standoffs. You'd be here for a day.

I will be giving you a call when i get down there:D

Are you moving Johnny?

Those look awesome. Like another stated that mesh step was a great idea.
I purchased mine from SROR over a year ago (bolt on) )(powder coated and good stand off) to keep doors from from others hitting your doors . After a week I check to see if they had shifted or needed to tighten the bolts. Nope and they haven't yet.

Sorry

Love them and

I went weld on rather than bolt on so that nothing hangs below the frame at the frame to try to prevent anything from hanging up on rocks.

That makes perfect sense.

Stand off photo added to OP

nice work, glad to see a local making parts for the cruiser world!

Nice design, though I'd use elliptical scab plates and run gussets horizontally, not vertically.

Last edited:
You might investigate what welding perpendicular to the length of the frame does: creates a weak line where it can subsequently break. Welds should be parallel to the length of the frame.

Nice design, though I'd use elliptical scab plates and run gussets horizontally, not vertically.

You might investigate what welding perpendicular to the length of the frame does: creates a weak line where it can subsequently break. Welds should be parallel to the length of the frame.

If you look hard at the weld plates you will notice that they are cut at a 45degree angle on all corners. This was done just for the reasons you both pointed out. If you weld a vertical bead, all at once, from top to bottom of the frame it can cause stress risers that can over time crack the frame.

Cutting the corners at a 45 prevents that verticle weld from runiing top to bottom on the side of the frame. Welding a little at a time on each face of the plate significantly reduces the chances of a stress riser occuring.

I spoke with a friend of mine about it today to make sure I was on the right track, He is an engineer and owns and operates a business that has been involved in Toyota off road for over ten years fabricating steel parts. He confirmed that my design and procedure were fine.

I mentiond the eliptical plates to him and his response was something I had concerns with myself. If you weld the plates to the inner section of the frame only and use horizontal gussets you run the risk of bending and eventually tearing out the side of the frame as it is far weaker than you may think. He also confirmed that vertical gussets are preffered because that is the direction that sliders are loaded when in use.

PM sent

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom