60/62 grab bar (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
before i go tearin into the dash, im wondern if anyone has suggestions on "install". thks...

Last edited:
Yep, just what polar said. Drill the holes and bolt it in.

im just talkn about how which way to get into the back. im trying to avoid taking my dash apart to get my fingers in back to get nuts on. its was a dumb question obv...-sean

also pull the ash tray(and the slider), that will help to get to the left side.

I had thought the little dimples on the 60 dash were where the grab bar mounts to........but the grab bar just has one bolt on each side.........so thats not it.

cruiserbrett said:
take off glove box door, and remove cardboard/felt insert to get at the nuts.

That's because the dimples are for the non-US grab bar, the metal one! :)

I suspected as much...........but I am too cheap to buy one of those ;)

Exiled said:
That's because the dimples are for the non-US grab bar, the metal one! :)

Sean -
To measure between the holes or studs, go from the left (or right) of one hole/stud to the corresponding side of the other one. Trying to measure from center to center is too imprecise.

airon23 said:
where can you get one of those grab bars? :confused:

"60 & 62 Series Glove Box Grip"... www.sor.com

$$$ little things, but worth it for your passengers when wheelin'.

Tinker said:
Sean -
To measure between the holes or studs, go from the left (or right) of one hole/stud to the corresponding side of the other one. Trying to measure from center to center is too imprecise.

THANK YOU!

I checked the SOR site and couldn't find it for a 60 series????

FWIW, I have a non-USA (JDM HJ61) and it has the "rubber glove box grip". Looks just like everybody elses...

OK, let me rephrase, the *early* non-US metal grab bar.

check Montero's at the junkyard. We got ours for about $5. Works great.

Not identical to stock, but close enough.

grabhandle.jpg

check cruiserparts.net

That's where I got mine - no pics with me. sorry. But it took me all of 30min. from start to finish/cleanup. My wife is like 5'1" and she likes the fact I installed it.....for "her". ;)

LP's got it right, pull the glvebox insert and ashtray...that way you can reach behind.

CardinalFJ60

think the lower heater duct pops out easy.....that will be helpfull

CardinalFJ60 said:
That's where I got mine - no pics with me. sorry. But it took me all of 30min. from start to finish/cleanup. My wife is like 5'1" and she likes the fact I installed it.....for "her". ;)

LP's got it right, pull the glvebox insert and ashtray...that way you can reach behind.

CardinalFJ60

hullendersauce said:
$$$ little things, but worth it for your passengers when wheelin'.

Very true, all my passengers love it when were out wheelin.

expat said:
FWIW, I have a non-USA (JDM HJ61) and it has the "rubber glove box grip". Looks just like everybody elses...

87crusr....i would get this one. those things are sweeeeeet, but the aftermarket ones are even more $. buy "expat's"...!

I got the Non-USA metal grab bar with the leather wrapped around the bar on Ebay from Private Parts 4wd in Australia for around $35 w/ shipping. His phone number is 0414-911-938. Looks almost new. So check ebay often or give him a call. The deals are out there to be found.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom