60 / 61 / 62 Series Lock & Key Repair Re-Key & Re-Coding ALL things LOCK SMITH Technical Shop Resource (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

ToyotaMatt

Factory Focus-Point Mind-Set Approach
Supporting Vendor
GOLD Star
Threads
Website
vintageteqparts.com
60 / 62 Series Lock & Key Repair Re-Key & Re-Coding of a New OEM Toyota Ignition Cylinder / Lock-Smith

- Complaint : Keys would fall out of ignition , hard to engage , Loose , pull out in the Key ON Position = Dangerous !

- Client desired the New OEM Ignition Lock key to match all existing Doors , fuel door , Back push hatch button etc......

- Solution : Re-Code / Re-Key the New Lock Using ALL Oem parts , & provide Several Fresh Crisp sharp OEM Code Cut keys as well

- Method : Take a T-Ten Toyota Lock & Key training class Circa 1998 @ Penn State University to become Toyota Lock & Key Trained

- this gives u the ability to purchase and own the necessary supplies & tools of the trade that are federally regulated and require a ID#Card

- Purchase a dealership Grade SST computerized code cutting Key machine

- Get-R-Done

So here we Go ...........

DSCN8684.JPG

old skool toyota 2.jpeg

Last edited:
Below the Cylinder wit tumblers is carefully extracted from the main housing , then Re-Keyed & Re-Coded

this is a Tedious process and can take more then a hour or two

The Toyota Black Code Book Must be used to determine the correct layout of the Tumblers inside the internal Cylinder

The Yellow Training & Instruction Basic Toyota Lock Servicing Book toyota , is Never far away for quick accurate reference to dissemble & reassemble , this in its simplest form is nothing Less then a FSM for Locks & keys

DSCN8605.JPG
DSCN8606.JPG

Last edited:
My shop's Privately Owned Dealership Grade SST Code Cutting Key Machine

I am currently taking on New Lock & Key Re-Code , Repair & Re-Key jobs on any First Generation Double Sided Key / Lock 1973-1991 Land-cruiser & other Toyota Vehicles of this Year span Model Production Years era

Below is a example of a Key code Stamped on a 1987 FJ60 Door lock cylinder

Please send me a PM if u Need Lock & Key services

ALL Vintage Toyota Key Code & or Vehical 17 Digit VIN # information is Kept 100% Strictly Confidential

matt

DSCN8579.JPG

2 card - Copy.jpg

View attachment 1842976
DSCN8580.JPG

DSCN61531.jpg

Last edited:
DSCN8653.JPG

Last edited:
Very cool, thanks for sharing the photos.

My passenger front door cylinder does not work with my key for whatever reason. Do you sell door cylinders matched to my supplied key code?

Yes ,

I can help u out in regards to above specs. U outlined

Do u have your old broken lock pulled out / removed from the door shell ?

Last edited:
Any of the 3 key blanks apply to a FJ62

Yes I can sell them as a simple blank un-cut Key

Send me a PM

Last edited:
Way cool man. That's livin the Cruiser life right there. Thanks for giving us the resource. I've got my 60 all apart right now and the locks are pretty worn down.
So you have a service for all the keys and cylinders then, with new keys? I would love that.

Way cool man. That's livin the Cruiser life right there. Thanks for giving us the resource. I've got my 60 all apart right now and the locks are pretty worn down.
So you have a service for all the keys and cylinders then, with new keys? I would love that.

Yes ,

new OEM Keys cut to your factory code

Lock Cylinder , repair , re-coding , replacing when too worn out to restore etc.....

Yes ,

new OEM Keys cut to your factory code

Lock Cylinder , repair , re-coding , replacing when too worn out to restore etc.....

Cool. I will shoot a pm

I used @RAGINGMATT a few months ago to have him redo a spare drivers side door lock and cut me some new keys. Everything came out perfectly and he was super communicative about everything going on. Really appreciate the service and everything has been awesome since!!! Can’t recommend him enough.

My cuiser did not come with an original key and then I lost the best copy. So i'm now using the one copy of a worn copy that works. You could make a new key (or two) for me with the key code? @RAGINGMATT Thanks for reply, and so cool you are doing this. Hope you get a ton of business!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom