60/61/62 mirrors- check this out! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

yournamehere said:
What are these? and Do I want them. other than shipping of course.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Landcruiser-60-...ryZ10428QQssPageNameZWD1VQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

or ebay item... if the link doesn't do its thang.

I think those mirrors are aftermarket manual door mirror which have same shape with US FJ62's elec. mirror.
It fits to FJ60/62 without any midification.
I have same type of mirror which have black(?) color with manual mechanism.
It was non-usa standard for some area.

Oh, Min Seok

Sent 4x4world a bunch of questions about the mirrors. I bought a pair of 62 manual knockoffs on Ebay a year or so ago, & THEY ARE JUNK! Glass was so wavy it felt like I was drunk when I was backing into my garage.

So I had one of my guys replace the glass with quality blanks that fit real 62 mirrors (he had to grind them to fit) & I tightened up the mechanisms so they wouldn't vibate so much. They're barely tolerable now, & don't adjust far enough to see where I really want to. (I put my old mirrors on my other 60, which is for sale, & gave the ones off it to an employee whose taco needed 'em).

Last edited:
anyone have a pic with those on the 60/62?

I'm not sure I'd buy those aftermarket replacements.

The FJ60 stock mirrors are terrible as everyone knows. They are too small for a good view in such a big vehicle.

I recently bought OEM Toyota FJ62 manual mirrrors and they are great. So good, infact, that if you have any interest seeing behind you, these are the mirrors to get. There are no issues with crappy glass, or wobbly attachments. They also fold flat against the body if you are in a tight spot. They are super high quality and fit in the stock threaded holes in the door.

Just as an observation, I would not waste my $ on those crappy aftermarket ones. Spend the $ instead on real ones from Toyota.

Tinker said:
Sent 4x4world a bunch of questions about the mirrors. I bought a pair of 62 manual knockoffs on Ebay a year or so ago, & THEY ARE JUNK! Glass was so wavy it felt like I was drunk when I was backing into my garage.

So I had one of my guys replace the glass with quality blanks that fit real 62 mirrors (he had to grind them to fit) & I tightened up the mechanisms so they wouldn't vibate so much. They're barely tolerable now, & don't adjust far enough to see where I really want to. (I put my old mirrors on my other 60, which is for sale, & gave the ones off it to an employee whose taco needed 'em).

Have any more info on the glass? I've got 62 mirrors on my 60 and one of the mirrors is shattered. You cannot order just the glass from toyota, have to buy the whole mirror.

i agree with drew

I also just got a replacement OEM manual driver's side mirror for my 62 and it is superb. It does not vibrate at highway speed and the glass is clear straight and heavy. The whole assembly feels like it is machined out of a solid block of steel. very nice. not electric but worth the money.

glass replacement

Just pop it by any decent glass shop and they should be able to cut you a new one for $20ish. It's worked for me in the past.

Mac

Geez i'd love to look at them but my computer wont let me load up ebay anymore..... must get that sorted soon!

Cruiserdrew said:
I recently bought OEM Toyota FJ62 manual mirrrors and they are great. So good, infact, that if you have any interest seeing behind you, these are the mirrors to get. There are no issues with crappy glass, or wobbly attachments. They also fold flat against the body if you are in a tight spot. They are super high quality and fit in the stock threaded holes in the door.

Just as an observation, I would not waste my $ on those crappy aftermarket ones. Spend the $ instead on real ones from Toyota.

Second this vote. I love my manual fj62 mirrors on my 60.

toyman317 said:
How much were the OEM ones?

If I recall correctly, my OEM manual fj62 mirrors were ~$90 each.

how about aussie mirrors? I think I have one on the pass side. Definitely alot larger

62 series mirrors

lovetoski said:
If I recall correctly, my OEM manual fj62 mirrors were ~$90 each.
Where can I buy a set of the oem fj62 manual mirrors? Thanks!

Happy Trails said:
Where can I buy a set of the oem fj62 manual mirrors? Thanks!

They are still available from Toyota. Call Cruiserdan at American Toyota. Roughly $90 each and perfect.

Thank you for the quick response! I am getting ready to have the 60
painted and new mirrors are first on my list.

SOR sells 62 style manual mirrors for the 60. They are $51 per side. I bought a set of them when I first got my 60 because I hated the little black ones that came on it originally, and I did not want to shell out the $$$$ for the Aussie mirrors.

I have to say, I did not like the 62 style either. They were taller than the originals, but not much (if any) wider, plus the glass was flat, so I still could not see much out of them. Eventually I got the Aussies and they really are better. A lot better, IMO.

I did notice those at SOR's website and was curious as to how they match up
to OEM. Calling cruiserdan when he gets back in the office. Thanks for your
opinion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom