60 (45045-69046) vs 70 (45045-69075) relay rod ends (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
eurasiaoverland.com
I'm looking at buying a new relay rod end from Partsouq (whose photos I have used). I'm RHD but the ends can be used on either RHD or LHD.

60 series end is 45045-69046, costs $64.14

4504569046.jpg

70 series end is 45045-69075, costs $35.93

4504569075.jpg

In researching, I have found that:

-Partsouq list the same equivalent 555-branded part (which I don't want) for both applications.
-Both ends use the same internals; ball joint cups, spring, spring seat and threaded plug. Same rubber gaiter, same castellated nut for the ball joint thread.
-Partsouq reckons the 60 end weighs more (870 g vs 740 g), but I don't trust these weights.
-Visually, the two ends are identical, I count the same number of threads and both are right-hand threaded.

I can understand the price difference (globally there is far more demand for 70 series parts, and the vehicle is still in production), but as far as I know, Toyota do not give the exact same part two different part numbers. Any idea if there is any difference at all? Is there a different axis of movement between the ball joints in the two ends? On the 60 series the passenger side drag link end mounts on the tie rod end, whereas on a 70 it mounts to the knuckle swing-arm. Maybe just a different manufacturer?

Thanks

EO

Last edited:
Toyota actually does give different part numbers to the same part with different applications.

Manufacturers are the same but not correlated internally in the part number.

69xxx= Land Cruiser chassis specific part in kit form.

try the 70 one and let us know :meh:

Online sources list the 69046 and 69075 as 'Indirect Cross Interchange' ... so either will probably work, but you won't know the difference, if any, unless someone has inspected the two.

FWIW, the Joint Fuji catalog lists them as interchangeable, also.

Thanks guys

@Onur interesting details as always, thank you. So the two ends could be the very same part. I think I will go ahead and order the 70 series end for just about half the price of the 60 end.

I have another question for you if you have the time, what's the deal with part kits such as 45045-60H01? It seems to be that same passenger side relay rod end, along with a rod. What's the logic in selling them together? Is this some kind of compromise part with a rod and end which can be used across a number of models? Or it's just sold on the assumption that the end and rod will have corroded together? As these are a non-factory parts kit I can't find any information on application. It does seem to be the only way to purchase the driver's side drag link end for a RHD 60. Picture from Partsouq again.

4504560H01-2.jpg

I have another question for you if you have the time, what's the deal with part kits such as 45045-60H01? It seems to be that same passenger side relay rod end, along with a rod. What's the logic in selling them together? Is this some kind of compromise part with a rod and end which can be used across a number of models? Or it's just sold on the assumption that the end and rod will have corroded together? As these are a non-factory parts kit I can't find any information on application. It does seem to be the only way to purchase the driver's side drag link end for a RHD 60. Picture from Partsouq again.

View attachment 2762032

I'll take a shot at this one
the very early 60 series used a different length end and a shorter rod than the later version. late 1980 early 1981 60 series
the end is no longer available so when getting a new shorter end you need a longer rod to match.
I think I still have the early version end and rod for show and tell.
no pics until the weekend.

I'll take a shot at this one
the very early 60 series used a different length end and a shorter rod than the later version. late 1980 early 1981 60 series
the end is no longer available so when getting a new shorter end you need a longer rod to match.
I think I still have the early version end and rod for show and tell.
no pics until the weekend.

That sounds like a very plausible explanation - thanks.

LHD:

08/1980-05/1983:

Tie Rod (with ends) Assembly: 45460-69105. This stays the same for the entire run of 6x vehicles.

Relay Rod (with ends) Assembly: 45450-69035 This part number supersedes to the next part number below.

06/1983-12/1990: 45450-69055

Those are rods with each ends. For the US market, these parts are discontinued. No longer available in assembly form.

They are replaced by the ends themselves in the US market. And then these ends are only available in kit form in the US exclusively, but can be had in other markets in the kit part numbers from below as well:

45044-60H00
45047-60H03
45046-60H05
45045-60H04

Each of these come with an end with a rod (the rod goes from the corresponding end to where it would mate with the other end).

If there are any 6x series ends out there, they are new old stock sitting around. The ends themselves for the 6x series are no longer available. All LHD and RHD iterations of the ends are superseded to the 60HXX form.

@Eurasiaoverland

So, did the 70-series end work on the 60?
I have the 70 end here, I'm nowhere near fitting all these new parts to my build but it looks fine to me. I also got the RH relay rod end and rod kit so now have a full set of genuine track rod and relay rod ends for my (RHD) 60.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom