6 Shooter Knuckles?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

BGarcia88FJ62

SILVER Star
Threads
Doing a little search today and the only vendor that has these available is Trail Gear?
Seems like it would be a more popular modification for the FJ60 crowd. Not really a lot of
reviews on these, anyone care to comment on performance or experience with this product.
:beer:

Ben -

You could buy those, OR an alternative is to contact 4X4 Labs, they sell threaded blocks that you weld to your existing knuckle to add two studs. 4x4 labs also sells six-stud arms. I hear they often do custom stuff with them like low steer, flat steer, etc. if you want.
I like that the 4x4Labs arms aren’t cast like the Trail Gear arms are.

EF7DF3DD-3C89-48C9-A20A-9AA2D1FB65E8.jpeg
70142234-418E-4C8F-9E44-A14AB1CC1F28.jpeg
EC799527-D762-4A32-9FFB-898241F1D0C8.jpeg

^ Yea, me too. Building up an FJ62 axle to replace the slightly bent FJ60 axle under my truck. One of those “while I’m at it ideas” I’ll kick it around a bit. The 4x4 Labs idea looks like a more cost effective route.

A stronger option are the keyed arms from Front Range. They remove virtually all the load from the studs and transfer it to the knuckle.

Are you gusseting the knuckle balls on the new housing? There’s a thread in the Hardcore section right now where the consensus is that the 62 truss is pretty much just decoration.

Let me know when you’re ready to get rid of the bent 60 axle ;)

I’ll look into Front Range, thanks. Yep I was planning to gusset the knuckleball
I was planning to build this axle as strong as i could (within reason) don’t see this rig ever being a buggy. Going with an RCV Super set as well. Welding angle iron to the top of the housing between the spring perch and knuckle.

I added FROR's gussets at the ball neck. Now my sway bar won't connect. Every mod has unforeseen consequences.

Adding a full length brace is a sure way to warp your housing.

I added FROR's gussets at the ball neck. Now my sway bar won't connect. Every mod has unforeseen consequences.

Adding a full length brace is a sure way to warp your housing.

He didn't say a full truss, just from the spring perch to the knuckle ball.

For steering arms?
Their billet arms are nice but no way they are as strong of a design as Front Range’s keyed arms.
aaaaaand now those are on my "wanna do" list.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom