6" lift pics? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
triplefault.org
(Yes, I searched) :)

Anyone here have any pics of a rig with a 6" lift? I've seen the one on Slee's site but it is low quality and small so I can't really tell what it'll look like.

Anyone have this setup? Any notes on it?

Check my website, April 04 and newer pics. . .

I love the 6 inch lift both on and off road. It makes clearing stuff off road nice and it drives well on the street. In fact I'm confident enough in its road manners that it's my wifes daily driver, (i.e. I don't feel guilty making her drive it, and she likes to drive it as well)

I'll post some pics later when I get home. I actually have some "not in the drive way" pics. :D

Here and my avatar.

I can post pics later but for now I can comment on the ride quality. It is definitely better in my opinion for both on and off road compared to the stock and the 850/863 OME springs. They are a bit softer than the OME heavies but firmer than the stock springs. I still have the OME 73/74 L shocks which I think could be improved upon by going to the Bilsteins (7100 series as others have done). I drive my truck quite a bit over pretty big distances on road at a pretty good clip and the ride is fine. Off road they work great and just by raising you up a bit higher and letting you run bigger tires it makes a lot of the obstacles out west easier. It does raise your center of gravity and does make it harder to squeeze into tight wooded trails. You should at least address the tire width when going to them to widen the stance for stability. I wouldn't say it's for everyone but for me, I love them and have yet to find something about them I don't like. Oh I guess the grey color isn't my favorite. Good luck.
Mike R

Here is a pic of Robbies at Cruise Moab this year..
43890007a.jpg

Nice looking rig :) . So you guys are running Slee's 6" lift or your own version of 6" lift? I am not aware of any other 6" lift system other than Slee's.

I am running Slee's lift, but there are others, just not in the US. There are many others in Japan, but they're difficult to get ahold of and expensive.

The ride has been described to me as "smooth" by owners of other lifted Toyotas (SAS'd Truck, Lifted Mini, and 85 4Runner), much better street ride than theirs. I have the heavy springs, and as I've added stuff (Bumper/Winch) the ride has gotten even better.

Thanks for the info corbs. I have been thinking of a lift for a while now and seriously considering Slee's 6" lift. However, it would be nice to know how the other lifts outside US are setup.

I hadn't thought about widening the stance to improve stability, but that is definately something to think about.

neowolf, that rig looks great. :eek:

Ok I forgot to post pics last night... maybe tonight? ;)

clownmidget said:
It is definitely better in my opinion for both on and off road compared to the stock and the 850/863 OME springs. They are a bit softer than the OME heavies but firmer than the stock springs.

Mike I think the 6 inch springs are actually firmer than the OME heavies. It's just that your OME heavies were magical. For some reason they were stiffer than normal and lift a truck as much as OME J springs. Devin and I compared the height of our trucks and they were about equal. He had your springs and I had the J's. So that's why I've come to call them "the magic springs" :)

I have to agree though, I'm not crazy about the silver finish. With all the metallic fleck in there I think I'm in the '70s. :D

ok, so here's some pics

first is the 6" springs with the 17" rims & 315 BFG AT's.

second and third are during the spring install with the same tires, jack is just holding up cats.

Last edited:
magic springs

comparo of stock 40th with the 275 Michelins (Rick's) and mine with the Michelin XZL 9.0 (stand 36.5 inches)

Last edited:
Does anyone have any lift other than OME or Slee installed? I know there are lots of JDM lifts, and I was pondering whether to get that or the Slee on down the road, but little comparison on the JDM side.

what is the hight of your rig from floor to highest point with 35's...just trying to figure if I will be able to get it into my garage??

Man that cuiser looks nice with the 6 inch lift and 35's. It makes me wanna wait and just save up for a 6 inch slee rather that go J's w/ a spacer.

Ok here are my pics with the 6 inch lift and 295/75/16 tires. I plan to move up toe 315/75/16's when I can afford to regear.

IMG_1.jpg

IMG_2.jpg

IMG_3.jpg

Darwood - Nice rig. Do you plan to do the gears yourself? Is it difficult to replace the ring and pinion? 4.88's right?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom