6 inch suspensions found right here! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Ok Romer, this ones for you ! ;p

I'm starting this thread as a gathering place for all the guys that went for the Slee 6 inch suspension. Because the 6 inch is pretty black and white, the variations shouldn't be as flavoured as the 2.5+ OME setups.

I'd like to see lots of eye candy of your new setups .. including action shots if you have them (you better!), and some direct side shots, as well as direct front, rear. Hell, post pics of whatever aspect of the lift/80 you feel like .. post artistic closeups if you want;)

Just thought it would be cool to start a gathering point, for folks thinking of stepping up into a 6 inch setup finally, to peruse. Seems more and more are heading into this direction these days .. into what was once fairly uncharted territory.

Pretty cool that we've come as far as we have .. to the point anyone with an 80 and some green can walk thru SOF with a cart, and come away with a ready made 6 inch suspension.

Bring it on guys!

:cheers:

TY

You asked for it ;)

Here are some picture I have from when I was in Sedona last August.

__7_0067.jpg

_13_0073.jpg

_28_0088.jpg

_31_0091.jpg

_32_0092.jpg

:eek: :eek: :eek: Nice shots guys!!

BTW, if you have anything at all to say about your lifts and your 80's performance as a result, feel free to express it in here. Anything from install details to Starbuck poser shots :cool:

Make this a 'one-stop' for anyone wanting info on a 6 inch suspension upgrade.

Beautiful start!

:beer: :beer:

TY

Here's a couple:

17651684106_0_ALB.jpg

onrock.jpg

fj8037s.jpg

And a Poser shot.
image010.jpg

My only want left from after the lift is a BIT more travel, not much, but a little.

I'll throw a few questions into the mix:

1 ) Does the setup feel stable as a DD? And also remark whether you put on wider wheels, or wheel spacers.

2 ) Does your 80 sit level, unlike the OME setups?

3 ) Is the ride quality harsher than your old OME setups? Especially if any of you ran without AM bumpers for a while.

4 ) Might as well ask for the mid-hub to bottom of flare measurement?

5 ) Big one .. are you happy as hell? Any reservations? Cautions?

TY

PS: Thanks for jumping on board Corbs! :beer:

How about: Do you feel the need to buy sliders?

-Spike (Nope)

Tools R Us said:
A couple of pix of Spike's very effective unit.

12-31-2005_9.jpg

12-31-2005_10.jpg

That's all I got. I have to rely on other people's photo skillz, I simply can't seem to interest myself in 'posing'. :D

-Spike

-Spike- said:
How about: Do you feel the need to buy sliders?

-Spike (Nope)

Hmmm, yeah I have yet to see pics of 80's with 6" suspensions AND sliders. :confused:

Ya'll must be posers for sure .. :flipoff2:

TY

Not an 80 [thread says 6" suspension] :flipoff2:

My patrol [same size as an 80, similar suspension set up] 6" springs, super long shocks, 40" tyres on 17 x 10 Allied Monster rims, no sway bars, castor correction, longer flares so fenders could be cut, and cut we did, to fit 40's with no body lift.

Turn it in hard, lifts a front wheel, left or right up to 18" in the air, but corners the same speed, just looks better :D

sliders on next week.

allied%20truck%20close.jpg

It would also be nice if every one would put their tire size and rim backspacing as a reference.

Best thread in a while!

Although its very bad, in the way that many of us are drooling.

DARWOOD,
In your pics, are those 295's or 315's?

1. YES this is my DD 37,13.50 on 17/9 rims with 1.5" wheel spacers! Toyo mtrs!

2. YES, with 1.5 coil spacers

3. The ride is great , and better handleing!

4. From the bottom of the flare to ground 44" center of rocker to ground 26.5"

5. The only thing I'd like to do is go a little higher ,,,, as a 2' body or taller coil

6. I love the rig and the thought that goes in to it ,,, allways thinking ! the only thing is the $$$$ starts to add UP!:cheers:

Last edited:
yellowchaosfj80 said:
1. YES this is my DD 37,13.50 on 17/9 rims with 1.5" wheel spacers!

BF Crawlers .. ? what that you feel for DD use .. ( although mi HJ-60 is not my DD ) or long distance on road trips .. ?

AMMO said:
Say that again when you have to crawl out your windows,
-Ammo

I have a big hammer to take care of issues like that.

I never said I didn't take damage... you should see the other side! Of course, I go on trails most people wouldn't want to climb through, let alone drive. :D
Sliders would just get hung up, making my life difficult. My rig ain't pretty- it's all about the wheeling, not the truck. The truck is awesome for it's capabilities, not it's looks.

-Spike

notice how some photos showing rigs going up or down slopes are sometimes rotated a teeny weensy bit to make the slope steeper...? Just accidental, of course.... :D

Cruiserhead05 said:
DARWOOD,
In your pics, are those 295's or 315's?
Those are 295's on factory steel wheels so 16x8 with 4.5 inch backspacing. I should have stated that. 315's will be going on when I wear the 295's out.

And now to answer T Y L E R's questions:

1 ) Does the setup feel stable as a DD? And also remark whether you put on wider wheels, or wheel spacers.
It feels quite stable to me. In fact I trust it so much that it's my wifes daily driver. There is some lean but nothing worse than J springs. Also I have no wheel spacers and am not planning on any. I am planning on firmer compression shocks to help with the lean under quick maneuvers, but it will be a while before I do that.

2 ) Does your 80 sit level, unlike the OME setups?
Actually my rig sags a bit in the rear. I'm not sure why, it always has even with the J springs. I think I might be smuggling gold back there that I don't know about. Once I put a winch in the front, I'll worry about whether or not I should get the heavy rear springs or not.

3 ) Is the ride quality harsher than your old OME setups? Especially if any of you ran without AM bumpers for a while.
The ride is a little firmer, but I thought the OME's were too soft anyway. I like a firm ride. Softer rides don't react well in emergencies.

4 ) Might as well ask for the mid-hub to bottom of flare measurement?
I'll have to measure this but I think it was something like 26.25 inches

5 ) Big one .. are you happy as hell? Any reservations? Cautions?
I love this lift and couldn't be happier. Well the shocks leave something to be desired. Like I said they need more compression dampening. The plan is to eventually go with Bilstein 7100s, or 5125s.

E9999 said:
notice how some photos showing rigs going up or down slopes are sometimes rotated a teeny weensy bit to make the slope steeper...? Just accidental, of course....
My pics are the worst in that sense. My wife took the pics and she likes pics on an angle.

Last edited:
Good thorough, honest answers guys .. :beer: :beer:

I think there are a few more with 6 inch suspensions on here, and hopefully they'll jump in eventually.

I find it interesting that some that have this upgrade want to continue going higher! :D Some are adding coil spacers from the get-go.

6 ) Can anyone comment on how much higher you can go before castor or vibes become an issue again?

7 ) Those with wheel spacers, or 10" wheels do you have any rubbing or stuffing issues? Were the 2" bump stop pucks sufficient?

:beer: :beer:

TY

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom