6 Bolt Knuckles (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

http://www.marlincrawler.com/steering.html

MC-13542, 6 Bolt Knuckles, Coming Soon :confused: :confused:
6_holearm_500.jpg

have you tried calling marlin? Last I heard was early next year....

So two weeks

after the first of the month

of next year

maybe

bk

bkfj40 said:
have you tried calling marlin?

cute....

anyone know anything?

seems they are very busy....

At the PMC swap meet MArlin said it would be 6 or so months. That was in August. So if all goes well that would make it sometime next year.

I talked with him about them this weekend.

Bastard has the first set on his dens and was not nice enough to bring them out to The Gambol for us to see lol

WTF why more bolts?

Because they are stronger.

FJ40onNOS said:
WTF why more bolts?

OK...if you had to ask this, you don't need 'em............ :D :D :D

FJ40onNOS said:
WTF why more bolts?

Because many people run a hysteer set up with a hydro assist and are breaking knuckles and studs...

So Marlin is making stronger knuckles with more studs for additional strenght with the steering arms......

thanks butch....

Texican said:
OK...if you had to ask this, you don't need 'em............ :D :D :D

ya thoughs are def just for show rigs! :flipoff2:

Is that steering arm on backwards? should it be facing away from the mounting tabs for the caliper? Are people breaking studs, arms or knuckles mostly? Anybody tried going up a size on thier studs, or grade 8? Those new knuckles are probably going to be very expensive.

:idea: Hey, you can weld on arms that aren't cast just fine (with some training and experiance). So any body tried welding a tab under the arm and then drilling/ tapping the original knuckle to bolt it across another plane? I think I am going to experiment on my old drum knuckles. I hope nobody needs them. Let me know before saturday. They are worth one tall cold domestic light frosty barely pop apiece to me. Other wise they are going in drill press.
BTW, 300 a pair is pretty good. especially if you could use them with some after market birfs, ifs calipers and cruiser disks to brew up a disk brake swap with no used parts. You only have to source out the spindle (?) and the hub that the rotor actually rides on. New bearings, seals, locking hubs ect and save your self the trouble of finding used parts altogether. :idea:

Last edited:
40ozFJ said:
:idea: Hey, you can weld on arms that aren't cast just fine (with some training and experiance). So any body tried weldinaltogether. :idea:

It's all been tried, if ya' want to know go to Pirate and search on the mini forum, lots of pix of everything you mentioned.......

I think they are pretty sweet and I was thinkig about getting them. I think the site says you can run them on four stud arms in the mean time until they start selling the six stud knuckles.

petescoffee said:
At the PMC swap meet MArlin said it would be 6 or so months. That was in August. So if all goes well that would make it sometime next year.

It's getting close to March. Anyone heard anything new about these knuckles?

I heard a recent unconfirmed rumor that they will never hit production....it'll be worth a call to Marlin's shop to check on status and get something concrete.

too bad, I'd love a set....may just tweak my existing ones with the 5-stud mod in the meantime tho....

woody said:
I heard a recent unconfirmed rumor that they will never hit production.......

So hard to believe..... :rolleyes:

Dana 60 outers on a fabbed housing is in your future Brian. ;)

:beer:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom