6/73 Carb Rebuild Question, one of many I am sure.:) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Howdy guys,
I decided to give my son the task of rebuilding my carb. He loves taking apart things and putting them back together so...
We started to dissemble yesterday using Pinheads video on youtube.
Everything was going to plan but...it seems like my accelerator plunger is stuck?(the silver plug)
Should it be able to remove? It seems like it is solidly in place.
Thanks for any insight.

IMG_3790.JPG

yes it should be loose and pop up about 1/4 inch from force of compressed spring underneath it when top of carb isnt holding it down. I'll leave it to one of the carb gurus to suggest how to go about freeing it up but I might try some kind of penetrant or even dunking the whole body in carb cleaner (which you'll do anyway) with attention to where spring and plunger are as it is removed from the dunk.

yes it should be loose and pop up about 1/4 inch from force of compressed spring underneath it when top of carb isnt holding it down. I'll leave it to one of the carb gurus to suggest how to go about freeing it up but I might try some kind of penetrant or even dunking the whole body in carb cleaner (which you'll do anyway) with attention to where spring and plunger are as it is removed from the dunk.
Thanks!

Looks like you have a bigger problem with the brass slo-jet next to it. :eek:

Run the tip of an exacto knife around the stopper; that usually frees it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom