6.5/4L80E AA 50-1701 Front Yoke Fitment (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello,
I was moving along with the conversion until I got to the front drive shaft yoke clearance issue with the Advance Adapters 50-1701. I say I was moving along, that's after having to replace the WRONG output shaft that I told was a 4WD shaft!!! I would have to grind the pan too much to clear the yoke, more than the 1/2" Advance says.
Can anyone help with which Mini-Truck yoke/shaft will clear the 4L80E pan, or any other solutions?
Thanks for any help,
LC4EVER

Not really an answer but I ended up running a 203 doubler off the back of my 4l80 and that gave me room to run the early 60s DC front joint with no grinding.

Are you running a DC joint? I know the DC is usually run on the tcase side but could you flip it for clearance?

Unfortunately a mini truck shaft is about the same size as the 60 series. I tried every shaft I could think of, but ending up putting a Klune in which moved the tcase back allowing you to run any shaft you want.
P1010006.JPG
Picture 002.jpg

We don't make adaption for using a 4L80E, so I don't know what kind of clearance problem there might be??? We do make adaption for using the 4L60E, and even with our smaller u-joint set-up, you have to grind into the tranny case approx. 3/16th inch., which does not even get you into the oil pan mounting bolt area. Perhaps the 4L80E has a wider oil pan mounting area????

Thanks for the help. I ordered (P/N 716369) Toyota Land Cruiser Ultra Clearance Front Drive Shaft (19 spline t/case) from Advance today. Suppose to fix the problem. Matthew said the overall diameter was about 1" less, so that should give 1/2" which should clear.

Take pix of the Advance setup!

I have 1/4" clearance at the dshaft weld with a 4L60E, & it turns out Downey's kit wasn't any better (thanks for taking it back, Jim). Going to Dakar heavy/heavy with front shackle reversal & am nervous about how it'll clear then. Maybe the Advance kit is the answer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom