6.5/4L80E AA 50-1701 Front Yoke Fitment

Discussion in '60-Series Wagons' started by LC4EVER, Feb 20, 2009.

1. LC4EVER

LC4EVER

Hello,
    I was moving along with the conversion until I got to the front drive shaft yoke clearance issue with the Advance Adapters 50-1701. I say I was moving along, that's after having to replace the WRONG output shaft that I told was a 4WD shaft!!! I would have to grind the pan too much to clear the yoke, more than the 1/2" Advance says.
    Can anyone help with which Mini-Truck yoke/shaft will clear the 4L80E pan, or any other solutions?
    Thanks for any help,
    LC4EVER

2. boots4

boots4

Not really an answer but I ended up running a 203 doubler off the back of my 4l80 and that gave me room to run the early 60s DC front joint with no grinding.

Are you running a DC joint? I know the DC is usually run on the tcase side but could you flip it for clearance?

3. Waggoner5

Waggoner5 SILVER Star

Unfortunately a mini truck shaft is about the same size as the 60 series. I tried every shaft I could think of, but ending up putting a Klune in which moved the tcase back allowing you to run any shaft you want.
    P1010006.JPG Picture 002.jpg

4. Downey

Downey

We don't make adaption for using a 4L80E, so I don't know what kind of clearance problem there might be??? We do make adaption for using the 4L60E, and even with our smaller u-joint set-up, you have to grind into the tranny case approx. 3/16th inch., which does not even get you into the oil pan mounting bolt area. Perhaps the 4L80E has a wider oil pan mounting area????

5. LC4EVER

LC4EVER

Thanks for the help. I ordered (P/N 716369) Toyota Land Cruiser Ultra Clearance Front Drive Shaft (19 spline t/case) from Advance today. Suppose to fix the problem. Matthew said the overall diameter was about 1" less, so that should give 1/2" which should clear.

6. Tinker

Tinker

Take pix of the Advance setup!

I have 1/4" clearance at the dshaft weld with a 4L60E, & it turns out Downey's kit wasn't any better (thanks for taking it back, Jim). Going to Dakar heavy/heavy with front shackle reversal & am nervous about how it'll clear then. Maybe the Advance kit is the answer.

7. ferd69

ferd69

P/N 716369.... Will clear the pan...

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.