6/26 Miller Trail Report (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Myself, Silvercruiser, Brentha, Ammo, Sam, and Ian hit the Miller trail yesterday. I had a great time wheelin with you guys, nothing beats a good Sunday SoCal afternoon in the mountains. I have to say being new to this part of wheelin(ROCK CRAWLING) the experience was a total blast. Again putting my rig through its paces and testing my lockers with another level of difficulty has reasured me how tough these things are. Ofcourse with new levels come new risks and so my trail damage starts.

getting ready to go out, sorry about the smudge need to get a new lens
6fwd1y.jpg

Here I kissed a rock ripping my passenger side flare right off, and used my Hanna sliders to take a big chunk of the rock off.
6fwa6f.jpg

6fwbjp.jpg

6fwaj8.jpg

Here is Silvercruiser, taking a line everyone else avoided, very cool stuff.
6fwaxj.jpg

Shot of me climbing one of the rocks
6fwbav.jpg

Shot of Brent, good job for a first time huh Brent
6fwdg7.jpg

this is the line where I lost my flare :mad:
6fwdo0.jpg

Ahh the end of the day, just enjoying the Beautiful Southern California view.
6fwdwn.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for joining us Victor; you get the most drastically improved rig award since Pismo! And you handled that trail like a champ.

Had a blast and we'll do something else soon.

-Matt

AMMO said:
Thanks for joining us Victor; you get the most drastically improved rig award since Pismo! And you handled that trail like a champ.

Had a blast and we'll do something else soon.

-Matt

It was a pleasure my friend.

See my post in the 80's section about slider's as well. I had an absolute blast for a 'first time' out. To Matt, Ian, Sam and David (the experienced guys), I think both Victor and I really appreciate the opportunity we had Sunday.

I'll try to get some pics posted up on this thread as well this evening. Got home last night and had to get my trashed OEM running boards taken off as DS rear door wouldn't close once the rubber cap on the bottom of the flare on the door 'decompressed' from the munched up running board. hehehe Even had to take a BFH to the rear of the running boards to get the cap on the end of the boards far enough away from the tires for the drive home. Bet none of you guys would believe I'd do that to my truck!

Should have taken pics of the damage before removing the boards. Oh well - they are sitting on the side of the house waiting for trash pick up Friday!

What's up Vic.. Looks like you guys had a good time down there in Southern Cali...Got any more pics? Looks like a nice little trail to run, talk to you later ;) .

Hey Guys,
Once again had a great time...when it was all said and done even my wife enjoyed herself. Brent, way to show us guys with all the mods how capable a stock 80 is....a nice reminder of how much $$$ I could have saved. Biff, like AMMO said...great rig and even better that you installed your own mods.

AMMO, as always thanks for guiding us through the technical sections...

PKP boys...thanks for keeping me young, maybe next time I'll be able to stay up later and enjoy more beers.

cheers,
David...

PICs

Had an AWesome time, as always. The rigs represented everything from stock to extreme and everyone had a piece of the pie, some more than others. I look forward to doing it again.

Sam

Nice Pics Sam - just uploaded mine and I can't add anything better than what the two of you have posted up. Nice job! Of course I think Ammo was behind the camera for alot of those!

Carnage...

Ok, somehow I didn't get one shot all day from the run, but I thought I would share what I found under my truck when I got home... It was rather evident as soon as I got out on the freeway what I had done; need less to say it was a fun "shaky" ride home. Anyone know a good custom driveline shop?
I know i was going for some new lines on this trail, and can remember smacking her belly several times, i'm just glad i didn't snap it...

-Matt

Last edited:
Ouch!!! is that from that big rock you climbed at the beginning of the trail?

Oh man - sorry for the damage. No wonder I passed you! hehehe Have you always leaned significantly to the DS as well? You aren't that heavy!

Perhaps that ledge the Heep guys suggested that you went to check out?

Only things I found were a few minor scraps and dents on the muffler and what I assume is the rear diff breather tube (does it terminate under the truck in the middle and have what felt like a valve on the top of the tube?) had pulled off the rear axle. Just pushed it back on.

Look forward to next time!

Brentbba said:
Oh man - sorry for the damage. No wonder I passed you! hehehe Have you always leaned significantly to the DS as well? You aren't that heavy!

Perhaps that ledge the Heep guys suggested that you went to check out?

Only things I found were a few minor scraps and dents on the muffler and what I assume is the rear diff breather tube (does it terminate under the truck in the middle and have what felt like a valve on the top of the tube?) had pulled off the rear axle. Just pushed it back on.

Look forward to next time!

Brent,

Yup that's the breather, probley pulled off under he Xtream flexing you were doing with your trail rated cruiser! Just "her" way of telling ya she had a GREAT time and she needs more excersie on the trail.... As far as my "gansta lean", i've allways had that, swaped the coils left to right, right to left. I kinda got over it.

-Matt

Ok on the lean- even my son noticed it when we were behind you on the freeway. Yea - we didn't do to bad for a mostly stock rig. I think I know exactly where it happened because I commented on how much Victor was flexed right in front of us and he has some lift that I don't. Not to bad for a newbie!

Brentbba said:
Ok on the lean- even my son noticed it when we were behind you on the freeway. Yea - we didn't do to bad for a mostly stock rig. I think I know exactly where it happened because I commented on how much Victor was flexed right in front of us and he has some lift that I don't. Not to bad for a newbie!

You guys did great in my book and are welcome on any trail ride we do!

Till next time! I think you know what needs to be done.....SLIDERS.....and then...

You caught the BUG!

-Matt

AMMO said:
Till next time! I think you know what needs to be done.....SLIDERS.....and then...

You caught the BUG!

-Matt

That's certainly an understatement of the obvious! hehehe :eek:

Until next time. I look forward to it.

One question - compare what you and David did up in Big Bear a few weeks ago to Millers.

Miller V.S. Bull

FIRST PIC: Miller just one section just one rock and looking for the HARD line top pic....

SECOND PIC: John Bull, the whole trail, and this was and easy go around....

Fair enough - sounds like w/o lift on the truck as well John Bull isn't doable with a stock height truck?

Based on this past ride I can't I was glad I had a lift but I could have done it without it. I think sliders and that transfer skid plate is better. Maybe even an ARB front bumper if your lucky.

Matt,

What kind of lift do you have?

matt's got a 2 1/2 " OME and a 3" body lift.....

on a nother note dose any one have a pic of me out there the woman thinks i was out playing and not out wheeling ..... i had a great time, now to get the head decked and the warp out of it so that i can get more tourqe out of her running at 1/2 comperssion sucks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom