5x150 SCS F5 Wheels 16x8 (10 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I was super happy to see that @SCSPerformance made these in 5x150 as the market was lacking in wheels options I liked for 100s. I could only find a few pictures on the forum, so I thought I'd add these if that would help anyone.

LC%201_zpssr6bkgcl.jpg

I wanted to stay with 16s or 17s for bigger sidewall, so it came down to these or Hutchinsons - but I'm not ready for 40+ lb wheels yet. F5 weighs ~19-20 lbs.

There is no possibility of running center caps. This is the matte jet black finish, love it.

LC%206_zpsr5ogx3yw.jpg

4.90" BS / +10mm offset - you can see the poke in the pictures. I prefer offset over spacers when or if I move up to 35s.

LC%209_zpsrgolha2t.jpg

LC%203_zpspi2znqes.jpg

I know some people will prefer OEM over these cast aluminum wheels for strength, but I've been using these for several years from Moab to the Mojave with 0 problems on my Tacoma. Aired down to ~10 psi and never lost a bead (not gonna go that low in the 100 though)

Tacoma45_zpszfvlaorw.jpg

Last edited:
Those look great!

I may end up with a set next year on my LC.

That's a great color in an LX as well. Good call there.

Can't wait to see your build thread. I loved your 4-cyl AC Taco.

IMG_1652.JPG
Wow those are great. I just put new tires on my LC yesterday. I am still thinking about the F5 wheels. Possibly a future project. It is pretty hard to beat the OEM 16" in Hyper Silver. Wish SCS had a "web tool to play with color options.

Off t
I was super happy to see that @SCSPerformance made these in 5x150 as the market was lacking in wheels options I liked for 100s. I could only find a few pictures on the forum, so I thought I'd add these if that would help anyone.

LC%201_zpssr6bkgcl.jpg

I wanted to stay with 16s or 17s for bigger sidewall, so it came down to these or Hutchinsons - but I'm not ready for 40+ lb wheels yet. F5 weighs ~19-20 lbs.

There is no possibility of running center caps. This is the matte jet black finish, love it.

LC%206_zpsr5ogx3yw.jpg

4.90" BS / +10mm offset - you can see the poke in the pictures. I prefer offset over spacers when or if I move up to 35s.

LC%209_zpsrgolha2t.jpg

LC%203_zpspi2znqes.jpg

I know some people will prefer OEM over these cast aluminum wheels for strength, but I've been using these for several years from Moab to the Mojave with 0 problems on my Tacoma. Aired down to ~10 psi and never lost a bead (not gonna go that low in the 100 though haha)

Tacoma45_zpszfvlaorw.jpg
off to a great start and have managed to changed my mind on that color combo as well. Any plans for the hubs/center caps?

what size are those tires?

Looks great, I've got the same color LX.

Those look great. On the right wheel (and that's one) I like the no-center-cap look.

I think this thread just sealed the deal for me getting the F5s on my LX. My only concern is that I'm running 255/85r16 tires which fit nicely on the stock rims but I'm concerned how they would fit on the 8" SCSs. Tire specs say they can go on anything from a 6" to an 8" but I don't know if a wider rim would make staying on the bead difficult when aired down.

Off t

off to a great start and have managed to changed my mind on that color combo as well. Any plans for the hubs/center caps?

Only plans right now are to maybe paint the hubs black. We'll see.

what size are those tires?

Looks great, I've got the same color LX.

285/75r16. It's a cool color scheme, don't see em much. One of the reasons I wanted an LX vs LC was for the grey interior too.

I think this thread just sealed the deal for me getting the F5s on my LX. My only concern is that I'm running 255/85r16 tires which fit nicely on the stock rims but I'm concerned how they would fit on the 8" SCSs. Tire specs say they can go on anything from a 6" to an 8" but I don't know if a wider rim would make staying on the bead difficult when aired down.

They fit fine, ran 255/85s on my Tacoma:

DSC0334746_zpsgsqb5nr9.jpg

Aired down to 10-12 psi regularly with no problems. Though I wouldn't go that low on a 100, My truck weighed at least 1000 lbs less.

Take a look at the SCS k5 wheels. They look great

Tight rims Hombre! I've been running Cooper ST Maxx's on my 1999 F 350 for several years now. They're a great all around tire.

Thanks for posting the pics...I've been on the fence with these for about a year, driving Vince crazy I'm sure with all the calls about current availabity! Looks like we have damn near twin-tacomas too...other that the door count

Was thinking maybe trying them with 255's for the hundy? Still can't decide on a tire size, 255, 285, 295?

Thanks for posting the pics...I've been on the fence with these for about a year, driving Vince crazy I'm sure with all the calls about current availabity! Looks like we have damn near twin-tacomas too...other that the door count

Was thinking maybe trying them with 255's for the hundy? Still can't decide on a tire size, 255, 285, 295?

They're awesome wheels on either. Personally I feel like 255s are too small for a 100, even my Tacoma felt like I wanted bigger tires... at least visually. Performance wise, they're an awesome size. Good compromise between size, weight and sidewall height.

I might look into these once my current tires are up. What kind of price range are these?

$640 for a set of 4, plus shipping brought the total to around $700.

Thanks for posting pics, looks so good. What size are your tires?

So just to clarify, these are mounted without spacers and they poke out a bit beyond the fender? I was looking into getting spacers for my LX, but good ones are going to be $300 shipped it looks like... might as well drop a little more and just get wheels that are awesome looking!

So just to clarify, these are mounted without spacers and they poke out a bit beyond the fender? I was looking into getting spacers for my LX, but good ones are going to be $300 shipped it looks like... might as well drop a little more and just get wheels that are awesome looking!

Yeah no spacers. I would say the wheel itself is just about flush with the fender, but these tires poke out a little.

With +10 offset rims (50mm further out than the stock +60mm wheels) do you get rubbing? Are the tires able to tuck up inside the wheel wells at full compression?
I love the look of these wheels and the low weight, but the spacing seems really like a big change from stock. I've been looking for something in the +45 to +35 range and have only found one option so far. Any ideas?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom